Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Do people not realize the Titans fanbase Venn diagram is not two overlapping circles of Titans & Vols?

Signficant portions of Mississippi, Kentucky, and Alabama are also Titans fans.

Many Vols fans aren't even Titans fans. Just looking through this forum that is apparent, but nobody is pleading for all Vol fans to become Titans fans, because we'd all recognize that as absurd. Yet, people complain when the Titans get and draft players from rival universities.

And oftentimes it seems the people complaining are fans of a different NFL franchise in the first place who, wait for it, also don't peddle to the Vols or any other college fanbase.
I wanted to like the Titans. I have zero problem with them drafting players from rival schools. King Henry was a beast. My problem is them drafting bad players from rivals. Yes, I'm talking about Will Levis. As for Latham, he's an ass hat running his mouth before he has proven anything IMO. I don't hate him, but it's dumb to court dislike from your potential fanbase when you're not playing good football.

Not a Titans fan but it's only Levis's second year, individuals act like he should've came in and been 1st team All Pro. Quarterback position is the hardest to play in NFL and look around the league a lot more bad starting QB's than good ones.
And he’s only played 11 games. If he’s able to figure it out, and I have my own doubts, but if he does, I’m going to be the most insufferable dude on here

Do people not realize the Titans fanbase Venn diagram is not two overlapping circles of Titans & Vols?

Signficant portions of Mississippi, Kentucky, and Alabama are also Titans fans.

Many Vols fans aren't even Titans fans. Just looking through this forum that is apparent, but nobody is pleading for all Vol fans to become Titans fans, because we'd all recognize that as absurd. Yet, people complain when the Titans get and draft players from rival universities.

And oftentimes it seems the people complaining are fans of a different NFL franchise in the first place who, wait for it, also don't peddle to the Vols or any other college fanbase.
The point is that UT fans make up a huge swath of the local people...seeming to go out of your way to antagonize them, and never acknowledging the Vols like the Preds do in a few small but very appreciated ways is just stupid business.

Not drafting Trey was stupid..period...Vol or not.

Did Vol fans pitch a fit when they drafted Derrick Henry? I honestly don't remember. I think casual Titans fans didn't like the Levis draft because they didn't like Levis not because he played for a rival. They didn't like him because of his personality and because he sucks as a qb. That's just my opinion.
I agree. I don't think anyone complained about DH being a Bamer. Nor do they complain about Jeff Simmons being a Miss State Bulldog, or AJ Brown being a Rebel Land Bear Shark.

But when it comes to Levis suddenly this, "Titans franchise needs to pander more to the homestate team" and now Latham is "human garbage" because he has an anti-Vols quote and again a plead for pandering.

Levis sucks and is NOT the guy. And they never should have drafted him. But not because he went to Kentucky, and that doesn't mean they should've drafted a Vol in that slot either. Also, Latham is going to be a pro for a long time imo.

The point is that UT fans make up a huge swath of the local people...seeming to go out of your way to antagonize them, and never acknowledging the Vols like the Preds do in a few small but very appreciated ways is just stupid business.

Not drafting Trey was stupid..period...Vol or not.
Not drafting Trey was stupid for 31 teams lol

Counterpoint:

This is what he's been in College as well. Also, shame on the Titans office for letting them get in the situation where they have to start a rookie (that chronically threw the ball to the opposition in college as well).
It is a shame, and those guys got fired for their roster mismanagement.

For the 12064th time

Heupel goes to oklahoma in a little over a week.
He’s going to embarrass them badly.
That’s the only return to Oklahoma that’s ever going to happen.
CJH has realized what a real fanbase is. Now that he’s been indoctrinated into the Big Orange lifestyle, no way does he take a step down…

16-0 🤠
I see this as his coaching legacy. Darrell Royal was a Sooner who epitomized the Longhorns program. Vince Dooley matriculated at Auburn…coaching legend for UGA. Home is way overrated when your house is perfectly located elsewhere. This is his baby with a whole administration pulling in the same direction and appreciating him as a COACH more than his alma mater ever pretended. Every season his family lives here makes that transfer more and more impossible.

I wanted to like the Titans. I have zero problem with them drafting players from rival schools. King Henry was a beast. My problem is them drafting bad players from rivals. Yes, I'm talking about Will Levis. As for Latham, he's an ass hat running his mouth before he has proven anything IMO. I don't hate him, but it's dumb to court dislike from your potential fanbase when you're not playing good football.
They absolutely missed on Levis.

Latham will be fine imo. His first game at left tackle against Sweat was a tall order. And he still probably performed better than anyone we've had at that position since Lewan lol

Reactions: mrMet
I don't understand why this is so hard to understand...but yet we have a bunch of dudes in here that fight against this simple, easily understood concept with a fervent zeal I do not understand...at all.

Reactions: Volunteer821

VN Store

Back