Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Trust me I know about unreliable airlines (allegiant). I vowed to never fly allegiant again, its been over 6 years since I’ve flown with them. I have never (knock on wood lol) had issues with spirit or frontier. When I go to the next ut game, I will try to fly with the major airlines: delta, united, sw (they compensated me nicely for the ‘22🍊 bowl debacle), or american.

My philosphy flying is to get a basic seat with no amenities. I am low maintenance when it comes to flying, regardless where I sit, we all get there the same time.
delta or american, in that order. Skymiles

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991
Hey guys, I need your opinion on this parlay for this weekend. I’m trying to make a simpler one to hedge with by taking out a few on another bet.

Browns ML -275
Bucs ML -325
Packers ML +135
Ole Miss -36 -110
Cal ML +110
Dem boys in ORANGE ML -270

Y’all think these are locks?

Also which ones should I take out for a 4 legger?
yes!

Reactions: knoxvol52
I get it. I want the Vols to be elite. Just sucks that getting outpriced for my family seems to be the necessary evil. But hey, congrats on getting paid you college kids. Don’t spend it all on hookers and blow.
The collegiate system never fit in with reality. That’s why programs had to cheat before to meet the demands of the market. And we hated the teams that did it best and succeeded, unless it was us. Now we’re trying to do it legal and transparent, and we’re all bearing some of the costs. Let’s just be thankful we have enough big donors to carry us when most of the rest of us won’t or can’t.

And I think we know there are many kids who will make the most of their earnings and also many who will waste it. I believe the leadership we have will be able to help guide these kids to make better decisions more of the time than not, at least compared to their peers. We are leading the horses to water. Nobody in the country is positioning themselves to actually help these kids get it right as much as we are. That much should be clear.

Last edited:
We are now first for the collective system and revenue sharing. Tell me how much has it really helped? The same teams round out the top 10, and we usually finish 10-13.

So essentially, they want us to pay more for the same recruiting results.

Like you, and others have said the big programs will follow suit, so we really don’t have any major advantage over those teams….again.

Should have waited till we made a playoff run (results) and no one would be complaining about this.
You can bet the prices will go up even more then. Will you hope it doesn’t so the prices don’t go up even more?

This is how businesses (yes, collegiate athletics too) brainwash people. Making people think their product is elite or more elite to the competitors b/c you are paying more for it. Phones and clothing is what comes to my mind first.
They’re selling hope. One of the few things it’s hard to put a price on.

We’ll see if the pieces they’ve put in place and the revenue they’re generating can equate to a championship. At least for now, we’re headed in the right direction, and it doesn’t feel like all fluff like the butch years.

Everything is bonkers now. Our anniversary is coming up, and was going to book this hotel in Asheville we stayed at a few years ago. It was probably $350/nt then… it’s now $750… WHAT’N’TARNATION. A galdang hotel. A sweet one. But a hotel.

We are in a financial hellscape right now in this country and I don’t like it.
We've found we can vacation out of the country for less money, including airfare.

I am going to end on this and get something productive done.

We are the best i can remember in decades.

We play a top 15 team on the road for a likely playoff spot Saturday.

We have the most electric offense in my life.

We have one of rhe most suffocating defenses i can remember.

We all have free will to participate in that journey however we like.

We should celebrate the good because we've already spent entirely too much time lamenting the bad in prior seasons.
1726635833948.gif
1726635943874.gif

Speaking of UGA. They suck in explosives without NFL hall of fame tight ends on their team. By far our best chance to beat them since Kirby got there. Also UK knew their plays. I think it helped a lot they had two high profile UGA transfers. UK was literally pointing where the ball was going. Important to remember since Mincey is there. We will need to mix up.
Give uk credit, their defense played the best game of stoops tenure there (I giggle when I think his best performance was still a loss at home). And the game plan was perfect, make there be as few plays as ultimately possible and never let uga get momentum. They screwed it at the end though, hung around long enough to have a shot and then didn’t ultimately take the shot.

Reactions: Glitch
Are there any you see that could go the other way?
I was thinking of putting one in without Packers and Cal. Malik Willis could **** the bed against his old team and FSU could decide to show up but that’s doubtful cause Cal is the best team they’ve faced so far.

Also thinking over putting another one in with Bengals ML over commanders.

VN Store

Back