Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Very fitting that this is the verse for today and these thoughts hit home very hard. I’ve been struggling with a lot of things in my career. Most of you know that the veterinary profession carries one of the highest suicide rates in the world. That is never an option for me, because my faith in God and his promises are too strong and great to lose them. I have been struggling immensely with a lot of things and, am considering walking away from the Equine profession that I have given over 23 years of my life too. My plan is to convert to small animal medicine. While equine medicine is my passion, I have reached the point that I can’t keep doing it the way that I currently do it, and my boss seems to be unwilling to make any changes for me that I need. I read this verse as I started reading a four page letter to him yesterday morning. Now I see it on here this morning with all the things I feel and struggle with. Thanks for this! I feel like it’s God telling me I’ve got you and I have your plans laid out for you… Just trust in Me, so I will as I always have tried to do. Sorry for getting off topic.
I left my engineering job of 30+ years because of my boss, who was the office manager. I think it was a gift from God, because my wife and I started a very fulfilling and successful business growing coffee in Hawaii for ten years. Quitting our jobs in the oil patch seemed dumb at the time, but we wouldn't trade those ten years for anything, even though we could have made more money in the oil business.

Maybe your current situation is like mine was; it could be God telling you that you have something else to pursue. Look for something that brings you joy, and good luck! Sending my thoughts and prayers your way.

Good, thanks for asking. After a 'radial amputation'...yikes...finally made it back to Huntsville from Spokane. Wife is a nurse and works in Spokane so stayed there for about a month and a half. Now, please oh please, let the infection be vanquished. My main task now? Which Tennessee game should I attend this year and just how much of my bank account do I need to empty out?
Glad to hear you're doing better. Those infections can be sneaky.

I'd probably have to go to the Bama game, if I could.

AJ Johnson might be one of the greatest LBs to ever play at Tennessee.

His talent was wasted here under Dooley then Butch neither of which knew a damn thing about player development.
It is amazing how two people can have such drastically different views on the same player.

Last year AJ was a badass...no doubt about the that. He is a VFL so I will just leave it at that.

Then they get to have all their hog mollies at the line of scrimmage, which is how they play. They have the largest d linemen in the conference. It would not be my strategy to play into their strength. Their DB'S on the other hand are SEC slow. One was a Georgia guy that went to Louisville. A Georgia guy with speed is not ending up in Norman or Louisville typically unless he is not fast enough.

Their secondary is the biggest mismatch we have. Their D line is their greatest strength.
The thing about UT’s offense isn’t that the WRs are track-speed faster. They may be, but it’s not the point. As soon as somebody takes a slow step to think and process, he’s cooked and he’s so far out in space that help is not nearby. Defending this offense requires instant and insane commitment to doing your job.

If OK goes heavy in the box, it’s trying to make Nico beat them with his arm. I think he passes that test pretty comfortably. If OK goes light in the box—3 down and 2 LB, say—it will be daring UT to run and win blocks. I still think UT wins that matchup, but it might be closer. If I were OK, I’d be trying to force run reads and then get Nico to pull the ball and run. Is he willing to keep running on the road and take take hits? Or will UT’s coaches start pre-determining reads? I’ve seen Nico pass in the face of what look to me like run reads, and that means that he’s not really deciding or sometimes forcing passes.

It is amazing how two people can have such drastically different views on the same player.

Last year AJ was a badass...no doubt about the that. He is a VFL so I will just leave it at that.

Which AJ are you talking about?

Cause AJ Johnson I'm referencing had his last year in 2014 cut short by false allegations and is 2nd all time in tackles at UT for a career.

4 years, 46 games, 424 total tackles, 32 TFLs, 3 sacks, 5 INTs, 3 FFs & FRs

I want to see Squirrel take a couple to the house. It's been there, but so far he's fallen down making the catch most every time. If he can keep those wheels turning after the catch this Saturday I believe there will be a opportunities for him to burn those DBs inside and out.
And Thornton in the Chatt game kinda just ran out of bounds on that one deep shot when we know he's faster than those guys. Maybe wasn't quite 100%.

If OK loads the box like they like to do then it'll be there.

VN Store

Back