Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I had and @hole try to pick me up by my legs at practice. He was not as atrong as he thought and i was heavier than he realized and i quickly fell forward and my face smashed another helmet (mine was off) as I fell. Two broken teeth and a jacked up face later I was ready to kill someone. I'd still rather have that than handle an SEC hit like an Al Wilson might give.
strong is strong.

That is a different level of strong.

Last edited:
Refs have been terrible for years, this year theyā€™re on some next level stuff. Itā€™ll never be ā€œthe only reasonā€ a team loss, but at the same time refs can cost you a game. Itā€™s happened before and it will continue to happen. You just have to make it way less common. Thereā€™s no excuses for the officiating to be as bad as it is in college football. Sport generates too much money, hire some people whoā€™s full time job is this, and hold them accountable like any other profession in the world when they do their jobs poorly. Itā€™s beyond time.
As a high school official I agree that it is time to make their game reports public. I love being graded. Of course there will still be some questionable calls because some aspects of the game will always be a judgement (just like balls/strikes). I can assure you 99% try to make the right call but there are some in positions because of who they know and not what they know.

I donā€™t know if making them ā€œfull- timeā€officials is necessary because most of them devote more than ā€œfull-timeā€ hours during the fall. I do think there needs to be more transparency regarding who is calling which games.

Hypothetically speaking, if Heard is out Saturday do we start Dayne Davis at LT or move Campbell to LT and have Davis start at RT? Or would we start Larry Johnson

VN Store

Back