Recruiting Football Talk VIII

UT #5 in AP poll. Jumped Ole Miss and Kriffen.

Reactions: DD4ME and knoxvol52
AP is the weirdest man...

Kansas State drops 10 spots for getting blown out by BYU. BYU doesn't move up even one spot in the polls though.

I do think Missouri should drop, but they still won and they fell 4 spots, don't think Penn State or Utah did enough IMO to jump them.

No clue why Notre Dame jumped a spot either. But I'll take us climbing into the top 5, a big win and hopefully Arkansas is ranked when we go to Fayetteville in 2 weeks.

Last edited:
There's no rule about hitting a qb vs any other player. They don't have fouls specific to certain positions.

You can't hit a passer above the shoulders while he's passing. You can hit a player who fumbled above the shoulders.
I’m far from an expert but looking at the rules online…. it says that you can hit the qb unless it is excessive… Above the shoulder hits is considered excessive…. I don’t like the protection rules at all bc they are so subjective… I don’t think the hit reached the point of being a penalty no matter who it happened.

I would like to know who the "recruiting forum royalty" are? Is it me? Am I a royal Yeti? Little known fact, I am the king of Tibet, though my country is currently occupied by communists. I rule in absentia. I traded the Himalayas for the Smokies.
What I mean is, this forum has a handful of guys who have been commenting in here for a long time so your thoughts and opinions are listened to, while newcomers are generally ignored from what I've seen. Which is fine, it's yalls thing and you guys are basically a tight knit friend group, so i appreciate you responding to the new guy. Go vols!

VN Store

Back