Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Good job, Herbie. :) We didn't even mind when you accidentally called the Game Maxims the "10 Commandments" because you calling out the Okies. And you were right to bring them up -- particularly in that game.

If you're reading this, an "oskie" is an interception. The sideline used to shout it to the field to alert the defense to start blocking.

Is the term “oskie” a UT only thing? I was very surprised when they acted like they didn’t know that term last night

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I’m far from an expert but looking at the rules online…. it says that you can hit the qb unless it is excessive… Above the shoulder hits is considered excessive…. I don’t like the protection rules at all bc they are so subjective… I don’t think the hit reached the point of being a penalty no matter who it happened.
A finger tip grazing the face mask would not have been a foul on anyone except a passer. You can't touch a passer while he's passing even a little though, not even a finger tip graze. Though I'd say they realllyyyy stretched that one for that call, because it was definitely not significant contact. It definitely wouldn't have been a foul on anyone except someone passing or kicking.

We've doubled our odds since the preseason...

View attachment 679819

and if you take a step back from a 10,000 foot view, this is still wild to see. At some point in the last 15+ years many of us had begun to lose hope we'd ever be consistently near the top once again.

Feels good man.

I'm kind of confused by these %.

Texas probably has the highest %, they really only got 2 big games left. OU and Georgia (both being played in Texas).
Bama seems really high though, they have to play Georgia, at Vols, Mizzou, at LSU, at OU still don't think that schedule would have me putting them as the 2nd best team to make the top 12
Beating OU has put us in a really good spot, BYE week then 3 games with 2 being home, then our 2nd BYE week and then two home games before going to Georgia for our last big test. So if we can stay healthy and get to Athens undefeated we're likely a lock for playoffs IMO
Georgia has a damn rough schedule left at Bama, at Texas, at Ole Miss, vs Vols got a few trap games too in there
Ole Miss gets both OU and Georgia at home, they do have to play vs Kentucky, at South Carolina then at LSU before their Bye week...so will be interesting to see how they look these next 3 weeks cause LSU will be their 7th game in a row.

****** field, they knew what they were doing with that ********.

Both of our tackles out, JP didn’t have the best game.

Game should have been won by 21+.

I’m not giving OU any credit…they ****ing suck.
Yeah the wet field was as unethical as the fake injuries. I’ll give their defense credit though. They were fast and hard hitting in the front seven. That offense however is straight up @ss. Welcome to the SEC.

I know their qb situations are a joke but I’m really surprised Hyatt and Tillman are both basically non factors in the league still.
I think you're usually going to see a drop-off for Tennessee offensive players when they get to the league. Heupel is so good at scheming in college football that players look better when playing for him. Doesn't mean they're not good, but not many playing under Heupel will look as good playing elsewhere.

VN Store

Back