Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Another thing that happened late, that we REALLY can't let happen against Green and Milroe...is losing contain and missing tackles on that stupid backup quarterback...dang that was frustrating as hell-o to watch.
Agree, I think I might use Pearce to spy both QB's since teams are devoting so much effort to neutralizing him. Green tries that jump kick crap against Pearce and they will need a MASH unit to reassemble his parts.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Agree, I think I might use Pearce to spy both QB's since teams are devoting so much effort to neutralizing him. Green tries that jump kick crap against Pearce and they will need a MASH unit to reassemble his parts.
He does a great job of contain and setting the edge. A lot of plays where a qb would usually roll out to escape pressure are shut down because he's camping out waiting.

I love how they were like oh incomplete pass we can't review it... That's a reviewable play they chose not to review
As was spotting it at the 14 when Nico clearly slipped (shocker!) down at the 13 yard line, to make it 4th and 1 and force a FG. (I could see spotting the nose inches shy of the 13 and measuring, but they put it fully on the 14 yard line.)
1727033128647.gif
1727033226858.gif

As was spotting it at the 14 when Nico clearly slipped (shocker!) down at the 13 yard line, to make it 4th and 1 and force a FG. (I could see spotting the nose inches shy of the 13 and measuring, but they put it fully on the 14 yard line.)
View attachment 679846
View attachment 679847
Ya I thought he was 6 inches short, but they marked him more than a yard shy. That was a horrific spot.

View attachment 679846
View attachment 679847
Yeah that spot was so bad we were gonna score a TD that drive that defense was gassed

Reactions: HighRockvol
Just another example of writing rules poorly.

In trying to stop players from violently clubbing quarterbacks they wrote the rule so that panty-waisted officials can call 15 yd personal fouls for inadvertant glancing blows as defenders try to bat down passes. Makes as much sense as expecting refs to not call obvious but inadvertant face mask penalties since they got rid of the 5 yarder. Few refs understand how to apply discretion.
As a general point, prudence and wisdom always trump rules. In all of life. A perfect rule cannot be contructed. Every rule must be interpreted, well or poorly.

I agree with you that manifest failures in discretion plagued this game.

Last edited:
I think that first one he didn't realize the DB was coming until it was too late. He was looking inside and turned his head to look for the blitz too late. Still inexcusable, but I think it was a missed assignment more than speed.

Agree the 2nd one was all Dayne.

Based on the fact Bishop took over the RB duties the next few series it was for sure Dylan more than Dayne...but yeah between the 2 of them someone (or both) missed their assignment.

No…. we want Pearce to have all the attention so the rest of the guys can eat.

VN Store

Back