Recruiting Football Talk VIII

*when they're passing* there's no rule specific to hitting a qb at all. Only any player who is passing or kicking.
NFL rules is any contact to the facemask is a penalty passing or not. College maybe different, Tennessee won the game. When Officiating becomes perfect wake me up.

Last edited:
Jermod McCoy = our best CB and a steal of a get in the portal
Jakobe Thomas = might be the most angry tackler on the whole damn team (Pili being his biggest competition)

Also saw Christian Harrison making some big plays all over the field too. This secondary had a HUGE increase in talent/speed from last season to this year and it's helped even more by the elite DL play.

That really is a misnomer created by Yeti bigots such as yourself. Do you really think we call ourselves "snowmen"? Let alone refer to ourselves as "abominable". We Yeti are a peaceful species, but you humans, as you are wont to do, are always mischaracterizing everyone else while making yourselves the heroes of the story. Stop the hate.
Screenshots_2024-01-22-15-45-50.png

What I mean is, this forum has a handful of guys who have been commenting in here for a long time so your thoughts and opinions are listened to, while newcomers are generally ignored from what I've seen. Which is fine, it's yalls thing and you guys are basically a tight knit friend group, so i appreciate you responding to the new guy. Go vols!
So you're saying I'm King of the RF??

I like you.

Reactions: Volunteer821
NFL rules is any contact to the facemask is a penalty passing or not. College maybe different, Tennessee won really don't care.
They nfl allows contact to a face mask or helmet (literally every play where there's a stiff arm) as long as you don't grab. You can't contact the head at all when someone is passing. Even a qb in the NFL can have someone contact their helmet if they're not in the act of passing.

Absolutely not. Lots of football left. What I said was 100% true. Maybe he's changed. We'll see.
See everybody. @InVOLuntary still hates this team.

raw

Jermod McCoy = our best CB and a steal of a get in the portal
Jakobe Thomas = might be the most angry tackler on the whole damn team (Pili being his biggest competition)

Also saw Christian Harrison making some big plays all over the field too. This secondary had a HUGE increase in talent/speed from last season to this year and it's helped even more by the elite DL play.
Makes sense why all of last year's dbs were gitted

They nfl allows contact to a face mask or helmet (literally every play where there's a stiff arm) as long as you don't grab. You can't contact the head at all when someone is passing. Even a qb in the NFL can have someone contact their helmet if they're not in the act of passing.
👍

Agree, I think I might use Pearce to spy both QB's since teams are devoting so much effort to neutralizing him. Green tries that jump kick crap against Pearce and they will need a MASH unit to reassemble his parts.
JP actually missed a few by overrunning yesterday...he should have had 3-4 sacks and a couple other TFLs yesterday...Josephs was doing it also, especially in the 4th...like I said, that was frustrating as hell-o to watch.

Nitpicky...but Milroe will KILL us if we do that and Green is also slippery as jello...we have to lock those 2 completely down running the ball and make them win it with their arms...we can NOT miss tackles and lose contain with them.

Reactions: volsagain
Anyone going to the arky game? I'll be there.
Represent! 🍊 🍊 🍊

I figured you would. Wish we could make it.

(A great opportunity, I would imagine, too, for the people who live outside east Tennessee and are longing for lower ticket prices. Not the trip won't require coin.

VN Store

Back