Recruiting Football Talk VIII

JP actually missed a few by overrunning yesterday...he should have had 3-4 sacks and a couple other TFLs yesterday...Josephs was doing it also, especially in the 4th...like I said, that was frustrating as hell-o to watch.

Nitpicky...but Milroe will KILL us if we do that and Green is also slippery as jello...we have to lock those 2 completely down running the ball and make them win it with their arms...we can NOT miss tackles and lose contain with them.
Game plans are different game to game we won’t lose contain on a team like bama who’s offense relies on it that would be dumb. Keep Milroe in the pocket and crash the middle

I think that first one he didn't realize the DB was coming until it was too late. He was looking inside and turned his head to look for the blitz too late. Still inexcusable, but I think it was a missed assignment more than speed.

Agree the 2nd one was all Dayne.
If I am not mistaken, this was explained to (one of my faves) DSamp on the sideline during the following two offensive possessions.

I’ve seen 117Db posted a couple of times.

Where are we seeing it hit 117Db? I was there and it never felt like it got anywhere close to that.

At one point the Jumbotron was showing 85-92. That’s as loud as I saw them show it and that moment was among the loudest I heard.

Their fans were great (for the most part) - good people, overall.
Stadium was nice but not overwhelming - especially the atmosphere. It never felt loud.
And every time fans were shown on the Jumbotron, they did horns down. It was odd seeing how much of their identity is wrapped up in Texas.

So, no rule when they’re fumbling?
No, but they didn't rule that play a fumble. They said he was passing not fumbling, so it wasn't a rules issue, it was a judgment call issue as to whether or not he was fumbling or passing.

That's where the criticism should be, not reviewing that play. Showing clips of Nico getting contacted in the head is pointless because that's not against the rule if he's not passing.

Another year of spending a top 10 pick on OL
Might want to consider a QB. When a team led by Malik Willis comes in and beats you, that's a problem. Are you starting to believe what we've been trying to tell you about Levis?

Home whistles man. Add subconscious pressure from the crowds to subpar officials who aren't held accountable for being good at their jobs, and you get lopsided flags for the home team.
100%.

On top of actually more penalties. Crowd noise and playing in hostile environments cause more mistakes and players to reach. Big reason why home crowds are so effective.

Reactions: jave36
Pam Oliver has to be the worst sideline reporter, and that's saying something. She can barely articulate words, and that's her only job.

And when she does finally get the words out they're completely useless questions.

I feel like this is pretty good.
@InVOLuntary says

lee-corso.gif

VN Store

Back