Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I think the 70’s thing is a reach. No way to prove or disprove it…other than 50 homers was nigh unobtainable. I think George Foster was the only one to reach that mark in that decade. If they were roiding, it definitely wasn’t PERFORMANCE enhancing. Bonds getting greedy and cycling himself as a player who’d never hit 50 in a season into the single season and CAREER HR leader appropriately screwed himself.
You do know that steroids don’t automatically make you huge, don’t you? It takes a lot of hard work… Dr Tom House stated that dating back to the 60’s…. they took everything that they could get their hands on to perform better. He said they took every kind of steroid possible including some designed for horses. He said that the majority of baseball players were doing the same. He was drafted by the Braves in 1967 and made his debut in 1971…. He was a pitching coach for years…. He also developed the mustard app that my son uses when he pitches.

Bonds was an excellent player without the juice. Very possibly a HoFer. It wasn't about needing that extra oomph just to make it in the league. FFS, he was already a star before he started juicing. He didn't need 'roids to be successful. He had the talent already.
The first time I saw Barry Bonds I said he was Willy Mays reborn and he could be the best player ever. He was a 5+ tool player. In his later years he may have been hitting the ball 500 ft. But he couldn’t run and he was a liability in the field. He was a bulked up freak who could barely move.
Steroids may have given him the home run record but they took a lot more and cost him the Hall.

Gotta think the 4 stooges would have been epic.......maybe Moe couldn't eye poke 3 at a time so it never happened. Although there is one with Curly and Shemp in it but Curly was just an extra with no real part. He was a passenger with hair and is barely recognizable.
I watched a documentary movie about the Stooges years ago. Sadly, Curly had a severe stroke and had to retire from filmmaking. His brother Moe made him sign away his rights to the act in exchange for the future cost of his care. That's when his brother Shemp was added as the third Stooge.
Curly lived only 2 more years and died at age 48.

Last edited:
Don't have much of a choice right now, but we are planning on moving back home by the time I retire. I have a really good job with a great pension that allows us to be a one income family so my wife can homeschool our kids. Once they are grown we plan on all moving back. I'm from Benton and my family is in Benton and Cleveland, but we want to go north of Knoxville somewhere, maybe Greenville, Dandridge, or even the tri cities. I just want to be close to some water and a place to fish and hunt all the time.
The tri cities are full. I’ll let you know if it changes.

Don't have much of a choice right now, but we are planning on moving back home by the time I retire. I have a really good job with a great pension that allows us to be a one income family so my wife can homeschool our kids. Once they are grown we plan on all moving back. I'm from Benton and my family is in Benton and Cleveland, but we want to go north of Knoxville somewhere, maybe Greenville, Dandridge, or even the tri cities. I just want to be close to some water and a place to fish and hunt all the time.
We love it here. Ill trade you for some of californians, anyday.

I got this out of my grandmother's medicine cabinet after she passed away...... 20240803_213120.jpg
It's the little things that I look back on and think about how happy everyone was when I was young. We didn't have nothing, so there wasn't anything to fight over. I'm really proud of where I grew up, who I grew up around, and the era I was born in.

You do know that steroids don’t automatically make you huge, don’t you? It takes a lot of hard work… Dr Tom House stated that dating back to the 60’s…. they took everything that they could get their hands on to perform better. He said they took every kind of steroid possible including some designed for horses. He said that the majority of baseball players were doing the same. He was drafted by the Braves in 1967 and made his debut in 1971…. He was a pitching coach for years…. He also developed the mustard app that my son uses when he pitches.
Bonds went full science with his and his head swelling like he was the poster child of encephalitis sounds pretty damn dangerous.

I
gaurantee you had I taken steroids. I would have absolutely made a college roster. NO ONE couldve bunted the ball harder, or more accurately after riding the pine all season.

I got this out of my grandmother's medicine cabinet after she passed away...... View attachment 664517
It's the little things that I look back on and think about how happy everyone was when I was young. We didn't have nothing, so there wasn't anything to fight over. I'm really proud of where I grew up, who I grew up around, and the era I was born in.
Was there a can of Bacteen (sp) next to it?

Bonds went full science with his and his head swelling like he was the poster child of encephalitis sounds pretty damn dangerous.
That’s HGH…. Same thing they are giving a 13 year old kid on my son’s baseball team. I’d have a big head too if I hit 73 Homerund.

VN Store

Back