Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Arkansas is gonna be a slightly easier version of OU IMO.

Better offense, worse defense. Slightly better OL (they've given up 9 sacks).

Hopefully it's a day game and we have an easier crowd to deal with. Them coming off 5 in a row and us coming off a bye week is a big advantage for us.
We should have far more 1 on 1 advantages across the board.

OU is #7 in the Team Talent Composite. They recruit really really well.

Arkansas is #26.

Clearly we box above our weight, as we've done under Hype. Man for man, we'll eat them up.

Yeah the wet field was as unethical as the fake injuries. I’ll give their defense credit though. They were fast and hard hitting in the front seven. That offense however is straight up @ss. Welcome to the SEC.
I don’t think it was wet. It looked like sand would fly up every time someone slipped. And they weren’t slipping so the must have had different cleats.

Damn yall see these Browns fans going in on Tillman? He hasn’t really gotten a fair shake all year cause they keep giving other receivers more snaps I think due to how much the invested in them (Moore and Jeudy) and they haven’t done much either.
Hyatt and Tillman haven't gotten a fair shake in their spots. It's the reason Hyatt requested a trade in the offseason. They're not getting the snaps or the looks when they're on the field.

Part of that is on you as a player to build trust and work for it, but if the deck is stacked against you because the franchise has more invested into other guys that sucks. Hyatt particularly has the skills to have plays designed for him.

Reactions: Midas
At least half of those sacks he held the ball instead of getting rid of it, one of those sacks he ran right into the arm of a defensive tackle...... On that same play if he hasn't been sacked he was taking a weird the step load up to throw into triple coverage.

The short quick routes are there by NFL standards, he just doesn't process quickly enough to hit them.

The o line is dog arse though. But Levis just isn't a very good QB
I don’t believe that to be the case, but we will see when the advanced stats come out and more video breakdowns

OL still biggest problem on roster and it’s not close

In game last night they posted the ESPN percentage to win for the rest of our games. The only two we're not favored in are, of course, Bama and Georgia. Oddly, they gave us a 1% better chance to beat Georgia. It was like 45% chance against Bama and 46% chance against UGA. I say oddly because we play Bama at home and UGA on the road. Seems to me, that between the two teams, they'd give us better odds of beating the one we play in Neyland. Especially when we beat them the last time we played in Neyland.

Hyatt and Tillman haven't gotten a fair shake in their spots. It's the reason Hyatt requested a trade in the offseason. They're not getting the snaps or the looks when they're on the field.

Part of that is on you as a player to build trust and work for it, but if the deck is stacked against you because the franchise has more invested into other guys that sucks. Hyatt particularly has the skills to have plays designed for him.
Hyatt is stuck on a bad team with a bad QB. Browns aren't that great either, but better than the Giants IMO.

Reactions: SoilVol

Gerald Mincey was constantly banged up and having to be subbed out. Heck he missed half the Georgia game for Kentucky because he got injured in the first quarter. Not only that, he ended up with probably less money at UK because he got greedy here.

We are laughing at him.

Definitely crystal bridges. And downtown bentonville is right there next to it with lots of cool stuff to do (shops, restaurants, Onyx Coffee Lab that won some awards at the global coffee competition, Walmart museum, 21C art hotel open to the public).

There's some really good casual hiking trails around the museum and a few miles away in Bella Vista if you all are into hiking.
Thank you!

AP is the weirdest man...

Kansas State drops 10 spots for getting blown out by BYU. BYU doesn't move up even one spot in the polls though.

I do think Missouri should drop, but they still won and they fell 4 spots, don't think Penn State or Utah did enough IMO to jump them.

No clue why Notre Dame jumped a spot either. But I'll take us climbing into the top 5, a big win and hopefully Arkansas is ranked when we go to Fayetteville in 2 weeks.
BYU was "ranked" 42nd before that game.

They absolutely skyrocketed.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
We will heal, rest, and be ready for ARky... they will be very good at home, we cannot take this game lightly... The good news is hopefully we will have everyone back and healthy, and after getting through last night, our team will not be phased a bit going to arky... Stop their QB from running and we'll have this by double digits in the 3rd quarter.
They will score, probably a couple of times, as petrino will have a plan... I am thinking and hopeful though, that our Defense will continue to get better as the season progresses and we'll be able to handle anything they throw at us...

I said before this game, it will come down to our Oline vs their Dline... we saw that with both tackles out, we could not establish a healthy run and it hurt us...

While our younger Oline is developing, we better go ahead and prepare the NIL budget to grab two more Olinemen in the portal, and get the BEST MONEY WILL BUY... Cooper and others will be gone, so we'll need to have depth and experience if we want to continue to move up...

Reactions: Birdvol13
no hate, they're well coached. they will beat someone.
Hate. Cafego hated Vandy and set a perfect example for us all. Not only football. Asshat Corbin and the Whistler (who deserves to be ejected from every game) suck, too. And F Vandy basketball. I even hate their women's bowling team, if that's really a thing and not a joke. But I really wanted to see Vandy piss in DinkyWick's cheerios yesterday when they had the chance. Was pulling for Vandy big time.

Now I hate Vandy even more for choking.

But I'll prolly pull for them in a lot of meteor games this year. 😂

Reactions: rikberry31

VN Store

Back