Recruiting Football Talk VIII

The upgrade in speed at linebacker and defensive backs is insane. Pili, Carter, and Thomas are flying to the ball, and Gibson and McCoy have quickly turned into lockdown corners.

This is the fastest defense we’ve had since the late 90s or early 2000s.
when Jakobe laid that due out on the side lines....i had flashbacks.....hadn't seen that kind of physicality from a DB in a while. Jason Allen, Eric Berry type play.

and when James Pearce over ran the QB and the announcer called it out.....i immediately went back to Leonard Little....PIli and carter at LB....Mayo/Simon?

so yeah, i agree. fast, physical, and they arrive at the ball carrier in a bad mood.

i'm very excited about the defense. and i'll say this, even in our hey day, i'm not sure we were this deep on the DL where everyone you put in is capable of not only holding their own, but can make impact plays.

Oh I understand the issue completely but sitting around and pissing and moaning about it isn't going to solve the issue.

So what you say we do, march down to Birmingham league office as a group and burn our boxers and say we're not going to take it anymore?

Maybe just Boycott watching the games, which we know isn't going to happen.

In life individuals should pick and choose the battles that are winnable and sorry to say this battle has been fought for many years and the fans haven't won yet.

But if you can come up with a plan that may work, then I'm in.
Everybody...everywhere..make it THE topic in sports, be LOUD and do not stop.

I've never seen a fanbase totally kill a done-deal coaching hire...until WE did it...all of us.

I will never shut up about it...because THAT is exactly what they want you to do.

There is power in numbers.

I can’t believe anyone goes to concerts… prices are insane… most people watch it on a tv screen….
eh...FOMO for the younger crowds. my niece goes to UT and she did not go on Friday night and she told my daughter, during the concert, campus was like a ghost twon and her dorm was virtually empty. so from a social standpoint, it was a lot like going to a game.

in that light, i get it.

but yeah, i wouldn't spend the money.....but i'm old, and don't have a lot of FOMO these days.

agreed. i'm truly surprised Wallen sells out.

Swift tix prices are insane
You have obviously entered the middle aged man grump stage. 😂

Morgan and fans over Swifties every day of the week for this old man. I want a musician to play to my audience - in this case Neyland Stadium and the Tennessee Vols. That is orange blooded Morgan Wallen, not Taylor Swift. Swifties can do their thing another time.

But I am kind of simple. If I don't like a song or singer, I don't listen. I am more a fan of the song and the performance of it than a fan of the musician. I go with this...

League wide. I'm a diehard Cowboys fan but yesterday I viewed some borderline outrageous call against Ravens. It's not just the Chiefs games, this disease going around has spread to the NFL now.🤦
The Ravens-Cowboys game was officiated totally differently in each half. That’s the problem- there is no consistency. The Ravens secondary did whatever they wanted in the first half, and then flags started flying everywhere in the second. My theory is that it was a blowout, and they needed to make calls. Parsons still can’t get a holding call even when his jersey was being pulled from 2 feet away. The spots and lack of consistency are ridiculous.

Reactions: knoxvol52
This stupid 💩 is all over the place today and it is really pissing me off...you would think we lost or barely won out there the way these idiots are all talking.

We need to unload a B-52 load of offensive whupass on some fools pronto.
I said this would happen. Vols whoop Oklahoma and whoop em good but it would be nothing but excuse after excuse and the Vols would still have to beat X to prove they were any good to most people. If we had put up our usual 40+ points, then maybe. Heup dialing back the offense to not get folks hurt on that crap field and to not risk any more costly TO's with 2 backup OT's in the game makes people think UT isn't legit.

Just keep winning.

Is the video as good at the surrender cobra lede photo?

@85SugarVol did you ever find the Okie podcast punk you were looking for?
No. But I didn’t look for him.

It was the guy that said he’d do an entire show taking Tennessee fan’s calls if OU lost.

I’m really not trying to do any work around here…

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Watching these Oklahoma media and youtube ppl react has showed me that:

They are not used to things not going well for them. Very much a "how could this be happening to US, the Great Oklahoma!" They have a hard time recognizing just how bad we outclassed them because of how spoiled they've been. They think it's more of their fault rather than our fault.

Well Oklahoma....there ain't no more flyover-backwater stiffs to inflate your all time record with. You ain't competing against kids that grew up counting kernals in a crop circle.

Welcome to the mf-ing SEC, the REAL SOUTH where we got the biggest fastest meanest black, white and....POLYNESIAN mfers, ready to provide you a most unwelcome amount of B2A-ness.

Happy 0-1.
👏👏👏

Okie ain't going to like being in the SEC. Playing 1, maybe 2 real games a year is over. They're going to be a middle of the pack conference team. They should have stayed in the big 12.

couple days ago we were discussing the greatest team entrances in college football…….

UT
FSU
Colorado
Etc……

I found the greatest…….Sleepy Hollow (NY) HS

a Headless Horseman leads the team out? Genius

My daughter-in-law is from Terrytown, which is right next door to Sleepy Hollow. Very cool tradition indeed.

Have any of you ever had a stinger? It feels like getting a strong electric shock from your fingertips on one arm to the middle of your neck and a little down into your chest and back on one side. Such a weird feeling. I imagine it's what it would feel like if someone tased you in the jugular.

So you're gonna try to tell me you've never heard this song?

Or this

Yeah..... About 1000 times each. That's the reason I don't care much for Wallen. They've played those 2 songs so much on Knoxville radio, that I just got sick of him. I might give him another chance in 10 years. (That's how I felt about Crocs too. I couldn't stand looking at them when they came out, but put them on the clearance rack and I'm all in. I'm anti-establishment)

eh...FOMO for the younger crowds. my niece goes to UT and she did not go on Friday night and she told my daughter, during the concert, campus was like a ghost twon and her dorm was virtually empty. so from a social standpoint, it was a lot like going to a game.

in that light, i get it.

but yeah, i wouldn't spend the money.....but i'm old, and don't have a lot of FOMO these days.
It's not like they have a strip to go to anymore. So many of the old joints are gone now that they have to go off campus

Reactions: almirUT

VN Store

Back