Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Her old stuff was above average, the writing especially. Some of it was really good poetry. Her shallow pop stuff nowadays is just rinse and repeat petty drivel though.

Wallen is 100% rinse and repeat petty pop country. Blech.
I guess that is my overall biggest point.

There are no more balladeers, Willie, Waylon, Hank, Merle. Even Glen Campbell, Jerry Reed, Possum, hell man. Some of those songs had orchestras in background.

Two arent even close.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Yes. It's in the General's Maxim #5, of course. It was still in use as a shout to the defense to alert them to start blocking when Majors was here. I don't know about Fulmer, but I think it likely. It is thought perhaps to derive from a song at Illinois, but it wasn't a football term there.

I just don’t understand why he hasn’t been producing.
Producing what? Hit singles? He was raping and pillaging out there. He worked over their OL epically and could have been charged with sexual assault. Class: this why you don't listen to soy boys who only look at stats and stars. Man you know squat about football.

You don’t have to love the guy, but come on… can’t believe VolNation sitting around hating on him because he’s too popular or something.

This is pop music, It's 100% bc the music (wholistically) is written to the masses. Insert truck/beer/Tennessee reference here for popularity. Still just not my thing.

I am happy for he and for TN to have gotten that notoriety and concert done.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Booked 3 rooms for Atlanta, JIC. nothing out of pocket and free cancellation 24hrs advance notice. Ya just never know.
Smart to do it now. Worst case you and friends make it a weekend. Who knows maybe it'll end up being Vandy versus Auburn in the Championship, if we dont make it.

That would be fun. Like watching a pillow fight.

Reactions: UTvol1fn

VN Store

Back