Recruiting Football Talk VIII

We've doubled our odds since the preseason...

View attachment 679819

and if you take a step back from a 10,000 foot view, this is still wild to see. At some point in the last 15+ years many of us had begun to lose hope we'd ever be consistently near the top once again.

Feels good man.
So, 5 of the top 6 are SEC. Certainly things will change, but we could end up with 5 in the top 10. Deserve it or not, would they really send 5?

Also, anyone else think Venables royally screwed himself, both in offensive production as well as his perception to the fans?

You run Gabriel off when he wanted to stay, because you don't want to spook the 5 star RS Frosh that's sitting on the bench. 5 star frosh has come-apart against UT. You yank him for the true freshman. Gabriel still looking great at his new home. Now you have a QB controversy with the guy you pacified by running off super-senior production.

It's like a microcosm of the Stoops/CJH situation.

I bought mine used to use as a work truck. It had $100K on it when I bought it.

One day it started running poorly and one of the guys that worked for me was a mechanic and he scanned it. He said it was a cylinder down and I needed coil pack or a plug. I thought it was probably due for all the plugs to be changed since I didn't do it when I first purchased it. Bought the whole set and he asked why. I said I'd never heard of anyone changing just one plug. He just giggled and walked away and said good luck. I put the plug wrench on it, (it had to be the one in the back, buried up). I turned it and it came out but I noticed it left the very end of the plug in the cylinder head. I called my guy up there and he said that's why you just change one. He said it was a known problem and you had to have a special tool to extract the remaining part of the plug. A friend of mine had the tool and he ran it to me. I asked him how to use it and he said he'd never used it before. After a YouTube video I was able to extract that plug. 7 of the 8 broke off. It literally took 8 hrs to change the plugs. I also ended up having to change all the coil packs. A few weeks later it started running rough, would hardly run. Turns out it was the timing chain. Paid my guy to do the timing chain. Turns out you need to do cam phasers when you do the timing chain. I had since parted ways with that guy but I called him and he said he didn't think I wanted to spend the additional $ on those but offered to do them. I told him I wasn't going to pay him again for what he should have done the first time. Watched a Youtube video and did that myself (there's cheat to keep from having to remove the timing chain cover).

I also ended up changing the Variable timing solenoids to. The truck runs great now at over 200K.

Those are all issues with the 5.4.
Great tips! I got a guy I’ll pass this onto…thanks.

Great tips! I got a guy I’ll pass this onto…thanks.
I think the new replacement plugs are less likely to break. They are 1 piece now where they used to be 2 piece. I think the longer you let them go the more likely they are to break. I'm pretty sure mine were original from new when I changed them at 180K.

Also, anyone else think Venables royally screwed himself, both in offensive production as well as his perception to the fans?

You run Gabriel off when he wanted to stay, because you don't want to spook the 5 star RS Frosh that's sitting on the bench. 5 star frosh has come-apart against UT. You yank him for the true freshman. Gabriel still looking great at his new home. Now you have a QB controversy with the guy you pacified by running off super-senior production.

It's like a microcosm of the Stoops/CJH situation.
He has the look of a wipe.

VN Store

Back