Recruiting Football Talk VIII

This is why we had trouble running the ball. Look at that box.

View attachment 680127

Now, having admitted that we had trouble running the ball at times. This was about a 20 yard run against that box.
OK is -1, so it’s not a heavy box. The offense can create more gaps than OK has potential tacklers. And, because the safety is in the middle of the field 12 yards off the ball, both WR are straight single covered with no safety help.

Too late, SSVol is my VuNcle. He took me to the Oklahoma game here in Knoxville when I didn’t get picked in the student lottery.

Still really appreciate you for that SSVol.
I knew it. He’s loaded. VuNcle McMoney BagSS 💰 @InVOLuntary is also my VuNcle but he’s mean and a cheapskate.

I heard mention that Boo was in street clothes in 2nd half due to concussion.

McCoy and Gibson just as fun as guys you mentioned. Between them, Boo/Harrison and front 7 we barely see the safeties (weakest link but still good, especially Jakobe) have to make more than a couple plays a game.

Gibson barely gets tested because he is lockdown and teams are realizing McCoy is too. Both are also extremely physical and sure tacklers in open field. I saw Gibson came up and stopped a RB in the opens field about 4 yards behind the line. Would have been a 10 yard+ gain otherwise.
Neither have been tested much at all because no one can get a single dang pass off.

Auburn could have been up 21-7 halfway through the 3rd quarter had they not turned the ball over 4 times to that point.

We … are a lot better than Auburn.

I would be nervous if we were playing them this week, but that’s not the case. Should be pretty well prepared.

Reactions: Jimmy Football

VN Store

Back