Recruiting Football Talk VIII

In game last night they posted the ESPN percentage to win for the rest of our games. The only two we're not favored in are, of course, Bama and Georgia. Oddly, they gave us a 1% better chance to beat Georgia. It was like 45% chance against Bama and 46% chance against UGA. I say oddly because we play Bama at home and UGA on the road. Seems to me, that between the two teams, they'd give us better odds of beating the one we play in Neyland. Especially when we beat them the last time we played in Neyland.
Easy answer UGA going to the wire vs a UK squad that lost USCjr by 26...

Reactions: knoxvol52
Having a good voice is not a prerequisite to be a good singer. Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, Robert Plant, Bon Scott, Tom Petty, ...
Don’t know why you’ve lumped Robert Plant in with that, but I agree with the overall idea. Ozzy Osbourne is the first one that comes to my mind; probably doesn’t have much of an octave range but is a great rock singer with a unique voice.

Reactions: rikberry31
Interesting. Georgia barely escapes KY, falls one spot. Mizzou barely escapes Vandy, falls four spots, and out of the top 10. Don't get me wrong. Mizzou should have fallen out of the top 10. I just think UGA should have at least fallen out of the top 5. KY lost to SCar. Badly. UGA should have fallen further for that performance.
UGA has lasting strength in the eyes of voters. They've seen UGA do this year in and out. Plus their talent is undeniable.

Mizzou was always a flier. So once they showed their first weakness, especially vs Vandy, they were heading downward.

Jackson Arnold was rated as the better QB of the two when it comes to Nico by at least some of the services. Can we please quit placing such importance on recruiting rankings? TIA.
If by "some" you mean ESPN, and only ESPN, then sure.

But no one places any importance on them or Rivals anyway...

Also, anyone else think Venables royally screwed himself, both in offensive production as well as his perception to the fans?

You run Gabriel off when he wanted to stay, because you don't want to spook the 5 star RS Frosh that's sitting on the bench. 5 star frosh has come-apart against UT. You yank him for the true freshman. Gabriel still looking great at his new home. Now you have a QB controversy with the guy you pacified by running off super-senior production.

It's like a microcosm of the Stoops/CJH situation.
Thought that was odd when @sooner_redzone brought it up. Had assumed he left because of Lebby’s departure and the uncertainty of his fit with Littrell’s offense. Reminiscent of when Mack Brown declared Chris Simms the next season’s starter before spring over high performing Major Applewhite…who had the TEAM behind him. The epitome of Coaching&Recruiting Scared 101. Prioritizing promises to a perceived high talent over what you see in game and practice. Something to remember when the inevitable “Heupel should’ve started Nico over Joe from the beginning!” appear.

Dayne Davis I think. One when he was at LT and one when was at RT.

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong.
Interesting. Will be INTERESTING 🧐 to see what happens with our OLine during the off week.
It is looking more and more like that position (not our secondary) will be the weakest. Zero depth.

Interesting. Georgia barely escapes KY, falls one spot. Mizzou barely escapes Vandy, falls four spots, and out of the top 10. Don't get me wrong. Mizzou should have fallen out of the top 10. I just think UGA should have at least fallen out of the top 5. KY lost to SCar. Badly. UGA should have fallen further for that performance.
Does anyone care where UGA is ranked? I’d pay good money to get dropped out of the top 10.

Don’t know why you’ve lumped Robert Plant in with that, but I agree with the overall idea. Ozzy Osbourne is the first one that comes to my mind; probably doesn’t have much of an octave range but is a great rock singer with a unique voice.
Wait. Ozzy can sing! Listen to close your eyes forever.

Interesting. Will be INTERESTING 🧐 to see what happens with our OLine during the off week.
It is looking more and more like that position (not our secondary) will be the weakest. Zero depth.
Might need to play emerging talent over experienced lesser variety. Never been a fan of a player getting the majority of snaps because he UNDERSTANDS why he’s not faring well.

VN Store

Back