Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Also, anyone else think Venables royally screwed himself, both in offensive production as well as his perception to the fans?

You run Gabriel off when he wanted to stay, because you don't want to spook the 5 star RS Frosh that's sitting on the bench. 5 star frosh has come-apart against UT. You yank him for the true freshman. Gabriel still looking great at his new home. Now you have a QB controversy with the guy you pacified by running off super-senior production.

It's like a microcosm of the Stoops/CJH situation.
You think Oregon looks great?

About damn time.

Either incorporate them directly in as part of the playoffs or kick them.
Too much money involved to discontinue Conference Championship Games, also these games decide who will be top 4 seed in CFP playoffs.

By chance if they go to a 24 team field then yes conference Championship games may not exist anymore.

Reactions: rikberry31
hmm the guy that folks on this board thought was a wasted scholly. looks like he's going to be a major part of our huge season this year. who would have thunk it
This board you say? 😳 Same one that had a poster counter my optimism for Bishop with “He will never have “a single meaningful carry at UT.” I counted several.

If by "some" you mean ESPN, and only ESPN, then sure.

But no one places any importance on them or Rivals anyway...
jen-ok.gif

Reactions: knoxvol52
This board you say? 😳 Same one that had a poster counter my optimism for Bishop with “He will never have “a single meaningful carry at UT.” I counted several.

dude has quick feet!! all I needed to see from that hudl

Hope he supplants Davis as the primary backup to Heard going forward and Davis can stick to playing guard and backing up at RT. If Perry makes the next leap forward? we may be serviceable enough to make some noise

Reactions: butchna
He doesn’t have to contribute a dime (though he may) to be worth millions in exposure, and he is.
The question is if he'll end up the right kind of exposure long-term.

He's clearly a drunkard, albeit a talented one (if you believe his fans, I'll give him benefit of the doubt in this area). Guy needs help. Now facing multiple felonies. On top of past issues, ex: Kid Rock's bar incident. Guy is a real mess, but if he's going to be our mess, wish he'd at least not be a douche person.

Or we could just ride with universally beloved and really good person like Dolly. Her love is unmatched, especially in recent years. Js

Last edited:

VN Store

Back