Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Yeah it was frustrating. But I heard Hubbs say we got cute and had our 4th sting dline and 4th string LB’s in. Only once they crossed the 10 we put in our starters.
This true. Heup was keeping people safe on defense too and I'm sure he wanted to get them some experience.

I said earlier, USC in 2022, OK in 2024. Teams should be fined for dangerous conditions. Bigger picture, leg injuries can be serious, like people may never walk correctly again with certain leg injuries. And its preventable.
I had a similar injury to Bru's and the OU lineman's from Saturday. Except mine was probably worse. The broken bones split the leg open just above the ankle. The only thing connecting my foot to my leg was a bit of skin and the Akilles. Multiple surgeries to save the foot with lots of hardware and screws left in there. I only ever got back about 65% range of motion. The limp is mostly not noticeable most of the time, but it definitely affected my potential NFL career.

I am surprised and happy that Bru came back strong. Hope the best for the OU lineman.

September 24, 1988

On September 24, 1988, Canadian sprinter Ben Johnson runs the 100-meter dash in 9.79 seconds to win gold at the Summer Olympics in Seoul, South Korea. Johnson’s triumph, however, was temporary: He tested positive for steroids three days later and was stripped of the medal.

In the 100-meter final, Johnson lined up in lane 6, while Carl Lewis took his position in lane 3 and fellow contender Linford Christie of Great Britain lined up in lane 4. Johnson got off to an explosive start, and though Lewis was known for his closing speed and set an American record—a non-wind-aided 9.92 seconds—in the event, he simply could not catch up and finished several full strides behind Johnson. After the race, Johnson declared to reporters, ”The important thing was to beat Carl. That was my main goal, not the world record. Just to beat Carl Lewis to win.”

On September 27, Johnson tested positive for steroids. He denied willfully using steroids, instead claiming that an herbal drink he’d been given before the race had been spiked. The International Olympic Committee refused to accept his explanation, and Johnson was stripped of the gold medal, which was then given to Carl Lewis.

1727184933177.png

1727184967058.png

Last edited:
Instead of hating on Morgan and his musical direction of late or the errors in judgment in his personal life; I am here this AM to thank him for his loyalty and promotion of the Vols as well as for his personal perseverance in working through some self inflicted wounds.

He is a mega star known worldwide. Cringe if you want, but acknowledge he has the platform to promote the Big Orange brand worldwide - wherever he wants to take it - with the full endorsement of UT, players, coaches, administration and the general fan base. I want our homeboy doing what he is doing for the Vols.
Didn't he say f*** Tennessee on stage one time? I seem to remember he did once. I could care less, entertainers always pander to the audience. If Morgan Wallen thought he could sell his music by singing about and pandering to a Bombay cricket squad he would do it. He would say, "F*** Islamabad."
People need to realize that these people target Tennessee because we are a huge and extremely loyal fanbase.

Reactions: knoxvol52
No offense, but if you're a DD delivery driver with a family, football games arent your highest priority. Victim mentality on display.

If you want disposable income, save. Or get another job, or two. Ive worked three before. Tons of fun. Also walked to work, everyday. Was about 2 miles, but I needed money. Funny thing, not having makes you work harder.
Did you read the entire satire blog?

Who was it? I heard a player in an interview recently refer to Halzle calling the plays. Even if so, we can all assume that they go through Heupel and he will overrule at times.

To the specific quote in question: Heupel "pulling back" could simply be him telling Halzle to go basic and run the ball until further notice. Think of F1. The strategist changes the strategy, tells the driver's engineer, who directs the driver. Was it the strategist or the engineer that "pulled back"?
Almost everyone at VQ and local radio has said it at some point. I don’t know why there’s so much skullduggery involved. Maybe Heup doesn’t want other teams to reverse engineer their process?

Reactions: knoxvol52
Didn't he say f*** Tennessee on stage one time? I seem to remember he did once. I could care less, entertainers always pander to the audience. If Morgan Wallen thought he could sell his music by singing about and pandering to a Bombay cricket squad he would do it. He would say, "F*** Islamabad."
People need to realize that these people target Tennessee because we are a huge and extremely loyal fanbase.
OK.

can't stop thinking about Thornton coming open across the middle to take one to the house and save the 1st Quarter Boiz

View attachment 680335
I thought it was over. No way we go nearly 70yds in :15. I figured we'd run the ball and kill the quarter. Minor miracle there. . . then again, I'm starting to think Heupel knows about the 1st qtr boys. . . he saved us a couple times this year already, 😂.

VN Store

Back