Recruiting Football Talk VIII

AP said exactly this on PC - Saturday

“Wake up, like you're 4-0. And so like, again, they weren't perfect. They've got two weeks to get better.

They've got to figure out some way to get John Campbell where he can play. Lance Hurd will be fine. He'll be back in two weeks.

I know I said that last week. He'll be back in two weeks. But I mean, like this is a team that's going to lean on their defense when they need to.”

From Volquest.com: Postgame Mini-Pod: Tennessee handles business on the road over Oklahoma, Sep 22, 2024

This material may be protected by copyright.

Listen, AP knows Josh Huepel, they eat lunch together people. Don't be naive. He tows the Company line. Learn to read between the lines. He wont betray anyone's trust.

Is “tows the line” a new addition?? Or is it a staple in the lexicon?

That holding call was a fuggin joke
Yep, it was such an amazing..uhmm..coincidence..that it just...uhmm...happened...to be called on such a huge play...

Which is of course total 🦬💩...it was 100% on purpose.

They did not call one offensive or defensive holding call on Oklahoma despite the video verifiable fact that they were doing it all over the field on every play..

I hate officials, and I hate Eric Cain for always sticking up for their crooked corrupt garbage arses.

bUt I hAtE HiM SoOoOoooo* MuCh!!!

*And I don’t want any of the Hype, Shine, Excitement, Enthusiasm, or Exposure he is bringing to our Athletic Programs & University. And if you disagree with my small, petty worldview - well that means there’s probably just something wrong with you.

I don't think it will get down to your ooc schedule, at least for SEC teams.
It’s year 1 of the new system and nobody knows anything for sure yet. I don’t.

But a strong OOC schedule is a nice insurance policy. If UGA loses its hardest 2 games, it will still have wins over 2-3 ranked teams. If UT loses its hardest 2 games, it probably won’t have any ranked wins. That’s not a comfortable place to be.

Reactions: Jack Burton
people saying UT and OU will be "friends now" as fanbases. Like the new kid coming to school and we're going to show them around or something? OK. Naw. Nope. Sorry but the difference between the SEC and whatever conference you came from is we can't have friends. We hate everyone. We line up and play ball and are mentally insane

when they say the SEC is just different, they mean we are insane. And I love it

Posted this in the Sooner thread but might get read on here:
Lost in the back and forth between us and @Sooner Redzone and his hyping of Bedenbaugh as “no doubt top OL coach in the country.” was something pointed out by a Sooner commentator on a Twitter thread. In both the 2021 and 2022 HIGH SCHOOL recruiting classes, they only took two in each…no sanctions or threat thereof. They did take Wanye and another OL in the 2021 portal and I think three in the 2022 portal, but we’re seeing the net effect of not developing your own long term solutions (and just beginning to recover ourselves from the Dooley zero OL class). Odd number for “the BEST”.

And to add, their S&C is clearly inferior…proven by the street side truckstop fake injury acting.

VN Store

Back