Recruiting Football Talk VIII

people saying UT and OU will be "friends now" as fanbases. Like the new kid coming to school and we're going to show them around or something? OK. Naw. Nope. Sorry but the difference between the SEC and whatever conference you came from is we can't have friends. We hate everyone. We line up and play ball and are mentally insane

when they say the SEC is just different, they mean we are insane. And I love it
My experience at Neyland is we’re generally friendly and welcoming and game for some fun light trash talk. Continue that and we’ll keep our soul imo. You don’t have to be a Gator version of British Soccer Hooligan to back your team.

My experience at Neyland is we’re generally friendly and welcoming and game for some fun light trash talk. Continue that and we’ll keep our soul imo. You don’t have to be a Gator version of British Soccer Hooligan to back your team.

yep, we can be nice, especially on game day, but this holding hands and showing them around mentality aint worth our time. welcome to the sec. strap your pads on 🤠 o_O

Maybe thomas if he had the starting role all season. Pili up there for sure. Maybe Norman Lott? Feel bad for Pearce they’ve done everything they can not to let him get a shot on the qb. He’ll get his though. Only a matter of time.
JP was his own worst enemy Saturday...he missed 2-3 relatively easy ones because he just either missed the tackle or overran the play.

There was one late when Hawkins was doing his stupid running around like a chicken with his head cut off thing, that JP busted through the line and was clean free...and I thought we were about to witness a murder...but he literally just ran right past him.

I just chuckled...I assume JP felt he was gonna juke, but actually Hawkins just froze for a split second, and so JP just ran right past him.

Even so...he was causing havoc on every other play he was in.

Didn't he say f*** Tennessee on stage one time? I seem to remember he did once. I could care less, entertainers always pander to the audience. If Morgan Wallen thought he could sell his music by singing about and pandering to a Bombay cricket squad he would do it. He would say, "F*** Islamabad."
People need to realize that these people target Tennessee because we are a huge and extremely loyal fanbase.
No he did not. Morgan has like 8 songs about Tennessee, is from here and has been consistently all about thr Vols. Bs take. This is coming from someone who does not listen to him.

people saying UT and OU will be "friends now" as fanbases. Like the new kid coming to school and we're going to show them around or something? OK. Naw. Nope. Sorry but the difference between the SEC and whatever conference you came from is we can't have friends. We hate everyone. We line up and play ball and are mentally insane

But there are fans I will have a beer with at the tailgate and those I won't. Them barking dip chips from UGA can go right the hell on. Some average Joe Sooner fan is welcome to have a beer though. Now anyone that mouths off is catching hell, but that is everywhere.

Last edited:
yep, we can be nice, especially on game day, but this holding hands and showing them around mentality aint worth our time. welcome to the sec. strap your pads on 🤠 o_O
Well, I do recall it getting 'not so nice' during our game against Ole Miss. It got just a touch testy.

I just thought again about the OU field and cleats. Then about their guys that seemingly destroyed his ankle when his cleats got stuck in that abomination of field grass... Do we think that OU was willing to risk their players and our players to try to eke out a win Saturday? If so, that tells me two things.

Someone in leadership was desperate for a win.
That desperation means that even they were scared as hell of our team.
Stoops. 💯

Reactions: Orange_Crush
They’ve only beaten each team by 10 points.

Is their defense and offense really that good??

Beating OKST is Impressive……I guess
There are no easy outs man...this transitory score garbage is absolutely stupid. You've been watching cfb for a loooong time, surely to heck you understand that by now.

Arky's RB Jackson leads the SEC in rushing, and Taylen Green has over 200 yards rushing himself..and has 150ish more yards passing than Nico..wake up and quit looking at the opinion rankings.

This is going to be a tough game in Fayetteville, and we could get our ass whipped if we don't rise to the occasion...they will score 20+ at least imo.

We need to open up our unused can of offensive whupass from the Okie game on them.

There are no easy outs man...this transitory score garbage is absolutely stupid. You've been watching cfb for a loooong time, surely to heck you understand that by now.

Arky's RB Jackson leads the SEC in rushing, and Taylen Green has over 200 yards rushing himself..and has 150ish more yards passing than Nico..wake up and quit looking at the opinion rankings.

This is going to be a tough game in Fayetteville, and we could get our ass whipped if we don't rise to the occasion...they will score 20+ at least imo.

We need to open up our unused can of offensive whupass from the Okie game on them.
It's a classic trap game spot after beating OU, I'd be legit nervous if not for the BYE.

Last edited:

Opposing coaches and players - the ones who actually line up and play ball - in this very conference are friends. Not all, but not uncommon either.

That being said I hope all SEC teams other than the Vols lose every game they play.

Yep, clearly could be a tough challenge. For me, win this one and we should be in the playoffs. Other than Georgia and Alabama, I'm not too concerned about the remaining games on the schedule though, unless some 'unexpected things' happen like losing key players.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Yep, clearly could be a tough challenge. For me, win this one and we should be in the playoffs. Other than Georgia and Alabama, I'm not too concerned about the remaining games on the schedule though, unless some 'unexpected things' happen like losing key players.
I’ll always be concerned with Florida

VN Store

Back