Recruiting Football Talk VIII

people saying UT and OU will be "friends now" as fanbases. Like the new kid coming to school and we're going to show them around or something? OK. Naw. Nope. Sorry but the difference between the SEC and whatever conference you came from is we can't have friends. We hate everyone. We line up and play ball and are mentally insane

when they say the SEC is just different, they mean we are insane. And I love it
We even hate your dumb grass.

Dwight Yoakam is well known to be one of biggest aholes in Country. Same for Junior Brown.

Funny, i've been fortunate to meet Pam Tillis, Dierks Bentley, and drank a beer with Neal Mccoy. So down to Earth, and appreciative of people wanting to just talk. Like 'how ya doin man?' Just regular people.

Was always just a semi fan of Neal's. After that, ill always support the dude. Very genuine, much like Peyton. Seeks people out, engages, and doesnt throw around his celebrity.

It isnt rocket surgery here folks, you sing songs.
And I've heard a lot of folks say Dwight Yoakam is a great guy...🤷‍♂️

people saying UT and OU will be "friends now" as fanbases. Like the new kid coming to school and we're going to show them around or something? OK. Naw. Nope. Sorry but the difference between the SEC and whatever conference you came from is we can't have friends. We hate everyone. We line up and play ball and are mentally insane

when they say the SEC is just different, they mean we are insane. And I love it

We need them to win though for the sake of our strength of schedule.

Believe this to be true. Heupel needed to see firsthand about the SEC.

He was at Mizzou for a couple years wasn't he?

Idk if we've suddenly went after "more physical" guys, as in giving up other traits to do so, as much as we've brought in a lot more talent to a once semigutted roster.

There are no easy outs man...this transitory score garbage is absolutely stupid. You've been watching cfb for a loooong time, surely to heck you understand that by now.

Arky's RB Jackson leads the SEC in rushing, and Taylen Green has over 200 yards rushing himself..and has 150ish more yards passing than Nico..wake up and quit looking at the opinion rankings.

This is going to be a tough game in Fayetteville, and we could get our ass whipped if we don't rise to the occasion...they will score 20+ at least imo.

We need to open up our unused can of offensive whupass from the Okie game on them.
Not to harp too much but Sat was the first full game for both Nico and Sampson. I think we do indeed unload in the passing game next week. They are atrocious against the pass. I'd about bet my entire pay check Jackson gets clamped. But I agree they will keep it a game for a little bit

Well, I do recall it getting 'not so nice' during our game against Ole Miss. It got just a touch testy.

I will never understand the pearl clutching at what our crowd did that game. I don't condone it, but if you wanted a recipe for a crowd littering the field they perfected at that game. Kiffin + awful awful one-sided officiating + constant fake injuries + recently allowed alcohol sales. Piss off a drunk night crowd anywhere and that behavior may seem mild. The SEC can control the officiating (somewhat at least), liquor sales, and a rule for faking injuries and they went the opposite way to avoid that on each. They need to look in the mirror.

There are no easy outs man...this transitory score garbage is absolutely stupid. You've been watching cfb for a loooong time, surely to heck you understand that by now.

Arky's RB Jackson leads the SEC in rushing, and Taylen Green has over 200 yards rushing himself..and has 150ish more yards passing than Nico..wake up and quit looking at the opinion rankings.

This is going to be a tough game in Fayetteville, and we could get our ass whipped if we don't rise to the occasion...they will score 20+ at least imo.

We need to open up our unused can of offensive whupass from the Okie game on them.
3.4 average against Auburn, not worried

Beat the Barn for sure.
Speaking of Auburn, why do we NEVER play them when they're down and we're good, but always play them when they're good and we're down?

I think they have a 6 or 7 game lead in the all-time series, which is a travesty given our relative histories. They've lucked out in the years they've gotten Tennessee. As soon as they're good again, they'll roll back on our scheudle.

He was at Mizzou for a couple years wasn't he?

Idk if we've suddenly went after "more physical" guys, as in giving up other traits to do so, as much as we've brought in a lot more talent to a once semigutted roster.
Peter Burns knows literally nothing about it football.

Didn't he say f*** Tennessee on stage one time? I seem to remember he did once. I could care less, entertainers always pander to the audience. If Morgan Wallen thought he could sell his music by singing about and pandering to a Bombay cricket squad he would do it. He would say, "F*** Islamabad."
People need to realize that these people target Tennessee because we are a huge and extremely loyal fanbase.
No..and it's not cool to make a false accusation like that...bad form dude.

Darius Rucker, of Hootie and the Blowfish fame, and who is a huge SC fan said that.

Morgan Wallen is from freaking Sneedville and moved to Gibbs when he was a teenager...come on man, that dude is about as Orange blooded as you can get and throwing that 🦬💩 out there as a truth is not cool.

I think the Arkansas game is where Nico breaks out big in the pass game. Razorbacks can’t defend the pass at all.

I expect him to have a breakout game eventually. You could see he was having some trouble adjusting to the speed of OU on Saturday. That’s just from not having a lot of starts and nothing due to ability. Once he fully adjusts to SEC speed he’s going to go off.

Reactions: RiseToTheTop

VN Store

Back