Recruiting Football Talk VIII

we need us to win. that's it

That’s the most important but schedule strength plays a role. If we go 10-2 with losses to Bama and UGA but OU and NC State fall apart our resume doesn’t look so great and we could get left out of the playoffs. Not really worth stressing about right now but something to consider.

FYI. Someone called CFB Archive posted a video of our 1989 UCLA game about a year ago. I've looked for the game several times over the years without luck. I didn't think this was a TV game. Maybe this is from a PAC-10 version of the SEC's old Jefferson Pilot regional broadcasts?

A great win at the Rose Bowl stadium in Pasadena. UCLA was ranked #6 in the nation. It was Chuck Webb's debut. (Webb enters the game at 26:29 on the video (the announcer thinks he's Reggie Cobb on his first carry.) Majors shuffled tailbacks from that point on and also deployed the soon-to-be-famous "Cobb-Webb" combo set later in this game. You may also recognize a certain popular Neyland Stadium DJ.

During our two week game-less stretch, someone may want to take a look.

It was on pay per view. My father and I watched it together. It was a very late game. Great memories. I used to have it recorded on VHS but when I got it on my hard drive I trashed the tape

I wasn't real making an accusation but asking a question but shouldn't have thought out loud. You'll have to forgive my old mind I remembered the incident not the names and I knew Wallen was involved somehow. My buddy corrected me that it was Rucker on stage with Wallen. The general comment about entertainers stands.
I seem to remember that Kenny Chesney did something like that during the Tebow years.

Has anyone given Andrej Karic a shout out yet?

A player many were either meh or out on has been out there cleanin mfers up. Dude is as mean as the rest of them and I haven't noticed him mess up at all. LG is not a weakness!

Yay Karic! I raise my cup of mead to thee!
I've noticed that it seems to take every transfer, no matter what position on offense, at least a year to really get into the groove of what we do, and how we do it.

Heard has been been a good exception to that this year, he has been mauling fools when he has played this year.

Whatever the deal is with him...I hope it gets settled...we really need him the rest of the way to get what we want out of this year.

I just don't think DD will cut it against Bama and UGA.

That’s the most important but schedule strength plays a role. If we go 10-2 with losses to Bama and UGA but OU and NC State fall apart our resume doesn’t look so great and we could get left out of the playoffs. Not really worth stressing about right now but something to consider.
I don't see any path where a 10-2 UT team gets left out. That's just me.

That is unbelievable..if you take yourself back to the day before he was hired, and are honest about your feelings that day...you know how utterly hopeless it felt...

At that point, I was just desperately hoping for a bridge hire...anyone...that could just get us to a 7-8 win mediocre level again.

What Heupel and his staff have done is nothing short of miraculous...this program was a toxic nuclear wasteland....a College Football Chernobyl...

He and his staff have built a awe inspiring monster in just 3 years...it is just..unbelievable..🤯
And we helped! 🤠

This subject was discussed on The Sports Source yesterday. Talking about a weak OOC schedule and with N.C. State not being any good could hurt Tennessee's chances at CFP.

All power4 league teams will to have eventually play a tougher OOC schedule that will play heavily in selection of teams, maybe not this season but soon imo
Not true. If for example,UGA is 12-0 and plays GA Tech and three terrible teams you think they are not going to get in. Also, how to do fault a team for scheduling NC St which has been a fringe Top 25 team. When you schedule them several years in advance and they turn out to be bad.

VN Store

Back