Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Ok if he just wanted to fully heal and not tough it out...

I respect it! I think it's really f'n stupid to try and play through an ankle when you're a 350 pound tackle. That's just asking for you to eff it up for the rest of the year.

I love and respect toughing it out if you can make it happen. Much rather you get healthy.

Good grief. They've benched the guy for a true freshman b/c our defense smothered that entire offense and Hawkins (the true frosh backup) moved the ball a little bit in the second half. Wait until the OU fans figure out that that was b/c UT was playing 3rd and 4th string in the second half.

I'm not sure I could imagine a worse handling of a QB room. As mentioned, the news is that they literally ran Gabriel (super senior starter) off to pacify Arnold. Then they panicked in a game that they were NOT going to win, and sat Arnold for a true frosh who had very limited (but slightly better) success against our 3rd and 4th string defense. As I've watched the OU media since the game, it sounds like there will be a fan revolt if Arnold goes back in over the backup. And even if he did, the fans would be booing the poor guy like we did Guarantano. He's done at OU.

So, naturally, per the link in the tweet above:

View attachment 680403

Stay tuned for Arnold to transfer, which means that their handling of the QB room has wasted a super-senior that was trained up in the system by Heupel himself, as well as wasting a 5 star RSF QB, and left them dependent on a true freshman. Lord, thank you for the staff we have...

I'm a little bummed. First, for the Arnold kid. Second, for the Hawkins kid. Lastly, just because I wanted to see OU win out to help our SOS. Instead, it looks like that program is headed toward dumpster fire status. (Don't hate it for Stoops' sake, tho. I'll be honest.)
Between this and Bill Napier I am sitting here like:

1727206976786.png

Bringing this here strictly for the appreciation we have for other fan bases who are also respectful..welcome to the sec young fella

View attachment 680284
OU learns how to lower the deck on their mower and take a little better care of their lawn and we might just be able to not hate them most of the time.

Reactions: DD4ME
This is simple, Okie had a pathetic offense, Arky does not. I said we needed 33 points or more "to win COMFORTABLY".

We need our starting OTs out there...them not being out there was a problem.
OU has a pathetic offense but a damn good defense. Arky has a good, but not great offense. Their QB can throw but he has thrown as many picks as he has TDs. He can run but we are very good at stopping the run. They will probably score a few points on us. Maybe in the 20's but their defense is nowhere close to what OU's is. We probably could have scored 35+ on OU, even with the depleted OL on their crap field. I think we can score at will on Arky's defense and they won't be able to keep up. I am guessing we are back to our fast paced points-a-palooza and win going away. 52-24.

GameDay will more than likely be at Oregon/OSU in week 7. Then week 8 they're gonna have to decide between Bama @ Vols or UGA @ Texas

I would obviously want both teams to lose or tie. But since there needs to be a winner, I’ll be for Alabama.

Alabama winning would give us a better chance for ABC to select Alabama/Tennessee as the primetime game. Neyland under the lights for that matchup would be all time.

Reactions: DD4ME
OU has a pathetic offense but a damn good defense. Arky has a good, but not great offense. Their QB can throw but he has thrown as many picks as he has TDs. He can run but we are very good at stopping the run. They will probably score a few points on us. Maybe in the 20's but their defense is nowhere close to what OU's is. We probably could have scored 35+ on OU, even with the depleted OL on their crap field. I think we can score at will on Arky's defense and they won't be able to keep up. I am guessing we are back to our fast paced points-a-palooza and win going away. 52-24.
I’d be very surprised if Arky scores 24 points on us when their offense relies heavily on the run game and that plays perfectly for our defense.

Reactions: Vols4us

VN Store

Back