Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Not true. If for example,UGA is 12-0 and plays GA Tech and three terrible teams you think they are not going to get in. Also, how to do fault a team for scheduling NC St which has been a fringe Top 25 team. When you schedule them several years in advance and they turn out to be bad.
I could see it hurting a team outside the SEC or maybe a team like Mizzou this year who does not play a great schedule. But for the most part, SEC teams will play a schedule that is difficult enough.

NC State is on par or better than Wake Forest, BC, Houston, Cal, and maybe even Wisconsin- all teams that SEC teams played this year.

Not going to be THAT guy, but my hope is we get good production from him the rest of the season and then be open minded to the possibility he portals back to his beloved LSU. Ideally Sanders backs him up next season but gets enough reps to seamlessly be THE GUY in 2026, but not petrified at the thought of fast tracking our better talent in our better OL classes. Perry, Warren, Ginther, Satterwhite and Anderson with the talent AND culture > best available portal mercenary imo.
If LSU is so "beloved"..why did he leave to start with? Looks like he would learn to love where he is...where he is a NC contender.

Side note...IF any of the crap rumors are true...just one more reason to hate pure mercenaries.

I said..IF..

Not true. If for example,UGA is 12-0 and plays GA Tech and three terrible teams you think they are not going to get in. Also, how to do fault a team for scheduling NC St which has been a fringe Top 25 team. When you schedule them several years in advance and they turn out to be bad.
Any P4 team is getting in a 12-team playoff at 12-0 regardless of schedule. But remember that UGA opened with Clemson, meaning it will play 10 P4 teams: 8 SEC + Tech + Clemson.

If LSU is so "beloved"..why did he leave to start with? Looks like he would learn to love where he is...where he is a NC contender.

Side note...IF any of the crap rumors are true...just one more reason to hate pure mercenaries.

I said..IF..
He was behind two NFL bound (most likely first round) OTs and was projected top backup for the second straight season. Not creating a conspiracy theory…just preparing for real life contingencies. I don’t know this kid’s heart, so “beloved LSU” could be unfair. Louisiana kid picked them as a top 10 prospect and played out a season. Could return home and be a top NFL prospect…not a wild shot. And not worried either way.

I will never understand the pearl clutching at what our crowd did that game. I don't condone it, but if you wanted a recipe for a crowd littering the field they perfected at that game. Kiffin + awful awful one-sided officiating + constant fake injuries + recently allowed alcohol sales. Piss off a drunk night crowd anywhere and that behavior may seem mild. The SEC can control the officiating (somewhat at least), liquor sales, and a rule for faking injuries and they went the opposite way to avoid that on each. They need to look in the mirror.
Exactly, what Ole Miss fans did to our basketball team just the year or two before was far more dangerous than what happened in Neyland that night but that got excused and swept under the rug. The officiating that night was criminal! The Singaporean government has executed people for less heinous crimes. It was stupid for the fans to do, but all the people acting like it was unprecedented, despicable and the end of the world were/are just as ignorant & pathetic as those people hurling things onto the field.

Reactions: Volunteer821

VN Store

Back