Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I just thought again about the OU field and cleats. Then about their guys that seemingly destroyed his ankle when his cleats got stuck in that abomination of field grass... Do we think that OU was willing to risk their players and our players to try to eke out a win Saturday? If so, that tells me two things.

Someone in leadership was desperate for a win.
That desperation means that even they were scared as hell of our team.
I think they just have a crappy field. We have had one in the past. We didn't do it on purpose to mess with our opponents though. I don't think OU did it on purpose. I just think they need to fire their grounds crew and get someone that knows how to care for playing surfaces.

I think they just have a crappy field. We have had one in the past. We didn't do it on purpose to mess with our opponents though. I don't think OU did it on purpose. I just think they need to fire their grounds crew and get someone that knows how to care for playing surfaces.
I nominate you with your lawn skilz

He was behind two NFL bound (most likely first round) OTs and was projected top backup for the second straight season. Not creating a conspiracy theory…just preparing for real life contingencies. I don’t know this kid’s heart, so “beloved LSU” could be unfair. Louisiana kid picked them as a top 10 prospect and played out a season. Could return home and be a top NFL prospect…not a wild shot. And not worried either way.
This and your original comment are just unnecessary.

Comments like this are how rumors propagate. In a matter of 72 hours we have gone from wonder why he’s not traveling to the game (A normal thing for a guy that can’t play) to his heart is in Baton Rouge.

We all know that rumors cross pollinate between the different sites, which are then picked up by radio jockeys who just repeat the rumors because they don’t have much more to go on, which then feeds back into the message boards.

A decent portion of the population are not able to distinguish between “thinking out loud” and “the truth”.

Larry was awesome. Dayne was known.

What was up with Spraggs?

View attachment 680438
Hard to use PFF for grading lineman because they simply don’t know the play call and the responsibility of said lineman. Without knowing that they are just grading based on 1 on 1’s correct me if I’m wrong? Which is great for that aspect of the game but if anybody has in actuality played the position there is more to it…

It seems likely a program that has horses running around pulling a wagon on the field during games doesn't care about the condition of the grass.
Said this on Saturday. Maybe not having Oregon Trail reenactments several times per game and your field might be in better shape.

My experience at Neyland is we’re generally friendly and welcoming and game for some fun light trash talk. Continue that and we’ll keep our soul imo. You don’t have to be a Gator version of British Soccer Hooligan to back your team.
Being friendly does not mean we have to like the other teams. We can despise them and still be cordial at a tailgate and not feel the need to shank them in the parking lot after we whoop dat backside.

giphy.gif

This and your original comment are just unnecessary.

Comments like this are how rumors propagate. In a matter of 72 hours we have gone from wonder why he’s not traveling to the game (A normal thing for a guy that can’t play) to his heart is in Baton Rouge.

We all know that rumors cross pollinate between the different sites, which are then picked up by radio jockeys who just repeat the rumors because they don’t have much more to go on, which then feeds back into the message boards.

A decent portion of the population are not able to distinguish between “thinking out loud” and “the truth”.
As I said, not CREATING something that isn’t there. When did NECESSARY become a prerequisite for thinking out loud on this message board? “Propogate”! Get out of here! If talking heads looking for a source want to quote “butchna from VN” then they have bigger problems…like their resume. You put too much responsibility on regular joes on a free medium.

Being friendly does not mean we have to like the other teams. We can despise them and still be cordial at a tailgate and not feel the need to shank them in the parking lot after we whoop dat backside.
I LIKED everybody I met on Saturday…and it didn’t compromise my team fervor and loyalty one iota.

VN Store

Back