Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I think they just have a crappy field. We have had one in the past. We didn't do it on purpose to mess with our opponents though. I don't think OU did it on purpose. I just think they need to fire their grounds crew and get someone that knows how to care for playing surfaces.
I remember that field, hot garbage.

Reactions: Glitch
Anyone out there looking for something a little different to listen to and appreciates great guitar playing and soulful music, check out Marcus King.

IMG_5013.png
@Weezer's Mom loves old timey bluegrass music. When ETSU got its Bluegrass program, she demanded to take it all in!

Seriously if you havent heard of Ickes and Hensley, you're welcome.

"The starting quarterback for undefeated UNLV announced on social media Tuesday that he will not play in any more games this season.

Matthew Sluka said he will instead use his redshirt year.

“I committed to UNLV based on certain representations that were made to me, which were not upheld after I enrolled," he posted on X, formerly Twitter. "Despite discussions, it became clear that these commitments would not be fulfilled in the future. I wish my teammates the best of luck this season and hope for the continued success of the program.

NIL (and the portal) has definitely changed the college football landscape. Some recruits go to a school only for the money......no loyalty to the school, no concern for a school's academics, administration, coaches, teammates, winning games...it's all about the benjamin's. They are no longer students getting a degree but are businessmen with agents making business decisions.
Also, in that article he states he has offers that are significantly more money from other schools. So we've also got tampering.

"The starting quarterback for undefeated UNLV announced on social media Tuesday that he will not play in any more games this season.

“I committed to UNLV based on certain representations that were made to me, which were not upheld after I enrolled," he posted on X, formerly Twitter. "Despite discussions, it became clear that these commitments would not be fulfilled in the future. I wish my teammates the best of luck this season and hope for the continued success of the program.

NIL (and the portal) has definitely changed the college football landscape. Some recruits go to a school only for the money......no loyalty to the school, no concern for a school's academics, administration, coaches, teammates, winning games...it's all about the benjamin's. They are no longer students getting a degree but are businessmen with agents making business decisions.
I wonder if the school can boot him for this? If so it's after the withdraw date, classes would all be fails, and he probably wouldn't be eligible with his GPA to transfer anywhere but JUCO

The thing with this is that they have a shot to make the playoffs and he said screw it. They have a good résumé.

Reactions: jmacvols1
I wonder if the school can boot him for this? If so it's after the withdraw date, classes would all be fails, and he probably wouldn't be eligible with his GPA to transfer anywhere but JUCO
I was wondering the same thing. I doubt they would do that, probably would be used against them in recruiting. I wouldn't allow him anywhere near the athletic facilities though.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Milicic will be the best player on the floor for TENNESSEE this upcoming basketball season.

He can play all 5 positions and can score from the 3 point line, being contested and can drive it to the rim.

Swiss Army knife Milicic is going to be terrific. Imo, after the season Tennessee fans will be saying the same thing about Milicic as they did Knecht."Wish he had one more year and a true Vols for Life".

Venables is in over his head, there is a reason he stayed a highly touted assistant for so long. He didn't want to deal with the trappings of being a head coach but the money drew him out. He will be a great DC again in few years.
I don't know that they necessarily ran Gabriel off. Jeff Lebby left, he saw what the line was going to be, and had seen what Bo Nix did at Oregon. They'd have been hard pressed to keep him there with a new OC and rookie OL when Oregon would match any $. Plus easier for him to get back to Hawaii from Eugene than Norman. I think they were surprised he didn't go the draft route

Reactions: rikberry31
We spotted that in the Okies' game with Tulane. Erbody here was talking about it. It slows opponents down and is an injury risk. Player safety, Sankey!!

Move the game to Knoxville on an emergency basis. And all future Okie home games until they can meet SEC standards for the health and safety of players. Had enough of that.
Good idea, but you would have had to tell @SmokinBob who took a week to get to oklahoma…😂

So Heard got upset when they took Sanders and is heading back to LSU. Losing Utu and Heard because of Sanders. We might need to cut him loose to save the other 2 recruits.
Wow, talk about running with speculation. You have no clue what is going on. Judas Priest, sometimes this place is worse than the Blue Hair Bloody Mary Club.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Anyone out there looking for something a little different to listen to and appreciates great guitar playing and soulful music, check out Marcus King.

Saw him, Yola, and Chris Stapleton a few years back at Bridgestone and when he played at the Grand Ole Opry. He defies genres, voice is like a weird love-child of Janis Joplin and Ray Charles, and he is a guitar protégé. Excellent show live.

Believe it or not: After a so-called panda began barking and panting like a dog, a Chinese zoo admitted that its pandas were just painted pups.

If they are willing to do this for something so trivial, just think of all the things that they have done in significant situations. Cheating in the Olympics, covering up issues regarding Covid and how it spread so rapidly, etc.
tenor-33.gif

The thing with this is that they have a shot to make the playoffs and he said screw it. They have a good résumé.
Idk what’s worse making promises in NIL but not abiding by those commitments or quitting on teammates?

We’re talking about a game here but if you were offered a job and told you were going to be given this and they end up not doing it…wouldn’t y’all quit too? Lol

Reactions: butchna
Ouch for UNLV. Their star QB has decided not to play anymore this season and redshirt because they haven't fulfilled their promises.

So did they lie to him and not pay him what he agreed to?..or did another team offer him a lot of money to shut it down and not play?... either the kid os a po💩 liar or the representatives of UNLV are.

That article made it sounds like its the QB that is garbage.

I hate all of this...you also got a couple of Knoxville hacks spouting off that they heard that Heard is using our weakness at OT to renegotiate his deal...and that the little ankle boo-boo is nothing.

IF...IF...IF so...I hope they kick his fat ass off of the team...I hate this crap.

I don't really believe that myself, at least I really hope it's not true...if it is, I hope they send him packing.

Idk what’s worse making promises in NIL but not abiding by those commitments or quitting on teammates?

We’re talking about a game here but if you were offered a job and told you were going to be given this and they end up not doing it…wouldn’t y’all quit too? Lol
I never made an opinion on his decision. And I’m not going to. Let’s not read too much into anything.

Shouldn't the bye week game thread be up by now?
Lloyd Dumb And Dumber GIFs | Tenor

VN Store

Back