Recruiting Football Talk VIII

You sound jealous that @Heupel's Offseason Beard declared me king of the RF.
Monty Python | GIFGlobe

Idk what’s worse making promises in NIL but not abiding by those commitments or quitting on teammates?

We’re talking about a game here but if you were offered a job and told you were going to be given this and they end up not doing it…wouldn’t y’all quit too? Lol
Oh I understand the business decision side of it. It's a unique situation in that NIL is technically coming from entities other than the school. So it would be like quitting a job because the hotel rewards or airline miles weren't really available. Technically the school is playing him and doing it's part, but he isn't fulfilling his scholarship obligations. The NIL cooperative isn't delivering what was promised, and it should be a civil court breach of contract dispute with the co-op.

Oh I understand the business decision side of it. It's a unique situation in that NIL is technically coming from entities other than the school. So it would be like quitting a job because the hotel rewards or airline miles weren't really available. Technically the school is playing him and doing it's part, but he isn't fulfilling his scholarship obligations. The NIL cooperative isn't delivering what was promised, and it should be a civil court breach of contract dispute with the co-op.
And then there is this rumor…he looks bad if this is how it played out.

If this is true, then it is all the more reason why players need to enter into a contract with the university. There is no going back to how it use to be. Treat it just like any other job.

The GoVols247 podcasts are usually fairly informative (even with Rucker), damn are they long!

If they just said all their things 1 or 2 times instead of 12 each, their podcasts would be half as long and I’d recommend that.

Do what I do and listen to all your podcasts at 1.75x speed. You’ll be able to consume way more content.

Reactions: drylo and Volsdeep4

If it can be proven that all requirements were met then there should be some sort of contract that the NIL collective can pursue breach of contract for. Kid may end being sued. Willing to bet there is another school that will get dragged into this as more comes to light.

Was thinking the same, but that 10% increase in tickets throughout the season to help pay athletes could help during “in season negotiations”
So they gonna get to downgrade their NIL if they underperform or get injured and miss X games…. You get a base with performance based incentives 🤔

VN Store

Back