Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I would equally silence everyone!
Basketball Bench GIFs | Tenor

To the ones on the weight loss journey...congrats! I hover around 280 -290lbs @ 6ft 3in. I just turned 40 a few weeks ago. I really need to lose weight. I would like to get down to 250 again. Other than discipline with your routine...what foods/drinks did you cut out where you immediately saw a change?
I have lost between 40-45 lbs since mid April doing intermittent fasting. I cut out all sodas - I only drink water and I eat one meal a day. I eat whatever I want but stop when I am full. To speed up weight loss, I cut sweets and bread from time to time. My one meal varies based on my schedule. I usually fast for anywhere between 18-28 hours between meals.

Blame physics. If you're fat and want to not be fat, you have to eat at a caloric deficit. That includes keto. And unfortunately, just about every restaurant item is loaded with calories these days.
Counting calories and running/walking worked great for me the last time I got serious about losing weight. I was 38 yrs and lost 55 lbs in 4 months. I worked close enough to go home for lunch everyday.

Unfortunately, I remembered that I love to eat and I've gained it all back over the past few years. I'm 49 now and I'm "wanting" to lose weight but just not motivated enough to quit eating out during the day. The job I'm at now, we run service calls for most of the hospitals in East Tennessee and the 1st thing that pops in my head when I see what location I'm going to is "I'm going to _______ for lunch". 🤣

I think if I was more confined to just Knoxville, I'd probably do a little better on eating out....... But Morristown, Lenoir City, Oak Ridge, and even Tazewell have at least 1 restaurant that I love to eat at.

Last edited:
Counting calories and running/walking worked great for me the last time I got serious about losing weight. I was 38 yrs and lost 55 lbs in 4 months. I worked close enough to go home for lunch everyday.

Unfortunately, I remembered that I love to eat and I've gained it all back over the past few years. I'm 49 now and I'm "wanting" to lose weight but just not motivated enough to quit eating out during the day. We run service calls for most of the hospitals in East Tennessee and the 1st thing that pops in my head when I see what location I'm going to is "I'm going to _______ for lunch". 🤣

I think if I was more confined to just Knoxville, I'd probably do a little better on eating out....... But Morristown, Lenoir City, Oak Ridge, and even Tazewell have at least 1 restaurant that I love to eat at.
A few minutes a day lifting weights or jogging would probably offset the delicious food :)

Seems hypocritical for the fanbase that burns mattresses and throws beer bottles, golf balls, and mustard bottles to hate on a guy for throwing chairs and acting like a redneck.

I actually like that our fanbase embraced it's hillbilly ways and just started telling other fanbases to cry about it tbh.
Being a hillbilly means a lot of things, but shouldn't mean being someone that idiotic. Guy threw the chair from 6 stories up, landing just feet from multiple cops, thus the multiple felony charges.

That's what I call redneck. And rednecks live in Alabama. Hillbillies are just goofs from down the holler.

I'm good with "Juan Ward" replacing Kesling at anytime. Those calls make the hairs on my neck stand up. That passion and excitement is a gift that Bob just ain't got. It's time for the broadcast booth to match the action that's happening on the field.

If Carlos can throw in some English every once in a while, I believe I could keep up with what's happening in the game. I think we've got something special with him

VN Store

Back