Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I just love how nothing gets past Vol Nation. Man casually picks his nose at a presser in the crowd and we memorialize it in gif form 😆 Twelve years late, still going strong.

I think that was Butch’s intro presser. Kind of a harbinger of things to come.
there was NO PICK!

1727302596308.gif

To the ones on the weight loss journey...congrats! I hover around 280 -290lbs @ 6ft 3in. I just turned 40 a few weeks ago. I really need to lose weight. I would like to get down to 250 again. Other than discipline with your routine...what foods/drinks did you cut out where you immediately saw a change?
Congratulations on beginning your journey! I too am 6’3” and started out a little over 270. Began my journey the first week of June and I’m now at 255. That’s also when I started going to the gym. Started out at 3 days a week and now I’m at a 5 day a week split.

My 38” waist clothes are now loose on me. My triglycerides dropped 130 points in 3 months. My blood pressure dropped 20+ points both systolic and diastolic.

For me, it was sodas and chips/snacks. I do still drink a Diet Dew or two a day, but it’s mostly water and zero sugar Powerade (for electrolytes). Almost completely eliminated fast food and eating out as well. Eat mostly beef and chicken and some fish. Also eat white rice and steamed broccoli a lot.
I try to eat roughly 250g of good protein a day.

PSA: I’m not a physician nor am I giving medical advice. Just simply sharing my experience.

Good luck and take it one day at a time. You can do this!

Even if you do keto, I still recommend counting calories for at least a month to get a baseline. Use the LoseIt app or something similar. You have to know your normal daily caloric intake to get a good grasp on which meals and foods are problematic for your weight loss goals.

The biggest things to cut out are soda and alcohol. Then it's paring down snacks throughout the day. Also, be VERY conscious of what you order at restaurants or fast food if you eat it. It's difficult to find much under 1,000 calories on sit-down restaurant menus and most fast food combos end up around that with fries or a side.

I eat at about a 300-400 calorie deficit most days and I track everything I eat or drink. Once you get in the habit it's hard to eat at restaurants because everything is loaded with calories. Even mindlessly eating chips at a Mexican restaurant can tack on 400 calories without even denting your appetite. It sucks to get to dinner and see you have like 200 calories left because you snacked a bunch or had a huge lunch.
Great advice!

1 thing I've realized today........there's a lot of big dudes that post in the RF.
Monday is our 13th Anniversary.

In the 15 years ive dated/been married ive upgraded from a 6 pack to a 12 pack.

Used to be a two times a day gym guy. Cant even go near the place anymore. People. Suck.

If he really wanted to fit in, he could've done like Jimmy Cheek..... View attachment 680720
That would have definitely shown how folksy he is.

🤢

*I won't ever forget that. Those were some dark times on Rocky Top. Students butt chugging, administration eating boogers, coaches acting nuts, and then we still had to watch them play football. Embarrassments on all levels.
Butt chugging was the highlight.

Even if you do keto, I still recommend counting calories for at least a month to get a baseline. Use the LoseIt app or something similar. You have to know your normal daily caloric intake to get a good grasp on which meals and foods are problematic for your weight loss goals.

The biggest things to cut out are soda and alcohol. Then it's paring down snacks throughout the day. Also, be VERY conscious of what you order at restaurants or fast food if you eat it. It's difficult to find much under 1,000 calories on sit-down restaurant menus and most fast food combos end up around that with fries or a side.

I eat at about a 300-400 calorie deficit most days and I track everything I eat or drink. Once you get in the habit it's hard to eat at restaurants because everything is loaded with calories. Even mindlessly eating chips at a Mexican restaurant can tack on 400 calories without even denting your appetite. It sucks to get to dinner and see you have like 200 calories left because you snacked a bunch or had a huge lunch.
If you're strict low carb/keto you can't have the chips. I eat out all the time. Even eat some fast food. Hardy's has a low carb lettuce wrap burger. I eat the sonic ft long coney, no bun. Waffle house is great with eggs and sausage, no toast, or hashbrowns. Arby's, roast beef, I get double with lettuce tomato and mayo, no bun. I eat it with a fork. No fries. There's menu items everywhere that you can eat, just avoid the bread/bun, potatoes/fries, rice.

I just finished dinner. I had a pundits of steamed shrimp. I get the precooked, pealed shrimp from the Kroger butcher. Simply boil water and dump them in for a couple of minutes, sprinkle on some old bay and dip in some melted garlic butter. Add a little salad for some roughage. Zero carbs. (watch your salad dressing.

If my sweet tooth is acting up, get some Brier's carb smart vanilla and dump a couple of scoops in a tall glass and cover with some coke zero.

There's a bunch of low carb options with bread now. We've have low carb buns for hotdogs and burgers. We go through a bunch of low carb tortillas. Makes great burritos, fajitas and wraps. I even make pizzas with the torts. Watch your sauce for sugar. We use Rao's.

Sugar is the enemy. Exercise is the king. Weight training > cardio imo.

If you're strict low carb/keto you can't have the chips. I eat out all the time. Even eat some fast food. Hardy's has a low carb lettuce wrap burger. I eat the sonic ft long coney, no bun. Waffle house is great with eggs and sausage, no toast, or hashbrowns. Arby's, roast beef, I get double with lettuce tomato and mayo, no bun. I eat it with a fork. No fries. There's menu items everywhere that you can eat, just avoid the bread/bun, potatoes/fries, rice.

I just finished dinner. I had a pundits of steamed shrimp. I get the precooked, pealed shrimp from the Kroger butcher. Simply boil water and dump them in for a couple of minutes, sprinkle on some old bay and dip in some melted garlic butter. Add a little salad for some roughage. Zero carbs. (watch your salad dressing.

If my sweet tooth is acting up, get some Brier's carb smart vanilla and dump a couple of scoops in a tall glass and cover with some coke zero.

There's a bunch of low carb options with bread now. We've have low carb buns for hotdogs and burgers. We go through a bunch of low carb tortillas. Makes great burritos, fajitas and wraps. I even make pizzas with the torts. Watch your sauce for sugar. We use Rao's.

Sugar is the enemy. Exercise is the king. Weight training > cardio imo.
Would do this diet with exception of hot dogs.

Had polyp removed. Really just try not to eat deli meat and hot dogs.

Monday is our 13th Anniversary.

In the 15 years ive dated/been married ive upgraded from a 6 pack to a 12 pack.

Used to be a two times a day gym guy. Cant even go near the place anymore. People. Suck.
Speaking of gyms and ppl sucking…

Do all gyms have that “one guy”? You all know the guy I’m referring to…

I’m just minding my own business…got my headphones on…pushing through the day’s training…

All the sudden, that “one guy”…”UHHHH. UHHHH. UHHHH.” As he does his reps…slams weights down when he’s through his set…then proceeds to strut around like he’s done something…like, why not just come in wearing neon bright gym clothes so everyone can make sure and see him…THAT “one guy”? Oh…and he’s a little skinny dude too…

Do all gyms have that guy? Sheesh.

Blame physics. If you're fat and want to not be fat, you have to eat at a caloric deficit. That includes keto. And unfortunately, just about every restaurant item is loaded with calories these days.
Calories consumed is not necessarily the same as calories absorbed. And calories leave the body in ways other than burning. If you store fat due to insulin dominance, keto is magic. When the hormonal issues get fixed, you start shedding extra calories as unburnt ketones and likely fat in feces, and losing weight far faster than could be accounted for by caloric deficit.

VN Store

Back