Recruiting Football Talk VIII

The documentaries on the life&times of musicians are great to watch. How they scraped money together and struggled in early years, then hit big-time and how much of a struggle being famous is due to drugs, sex and Rock-N-Roll.
Any suggestions? Love music docs.

I always come back to The Last Waltz, but loved the more recent ones on LCD Soundsystem and the short series on Ye too.

It's just a weird looking picture. It's like the cubicle is the center piece. Maybe he was showing off his name plate. At least he got close to a window. 🤔

Randy looked lonely so I added him a friend.
Ya it's like they said "how do we make him not look like he's in an ivory tower? I know! Get a cubicle with his name on it like that's where he works! That one over there will do!"

Which is why I believe the rumor that he recently hired an agent looking for a bigger payday based off the his play/teams success.

Why would the agent put the info out that he was promised an amount by a person who can't provide payment with no contract? He would look totally incompetent.

Feel like this is far from the only instance where someone has agreed verbally to an NIL deal. Either way, bad business.

Reactions: JT3
Ya it's like they said "how do we make him not look like he's in an ivory tower? I know! Get a cubicle with his name on it like that's where he works! That one over there will do!"
If he really wanted to fit in, he could've done like Jimmy Cheek..... DNA4-3598135205.gif
That would have definitely shown how folksy he is.

🤢

*I won't ever forget that. Those were some dark times on Rocky Top. Students butt chugging, administration eating boogers, coaches acting nuts, and then we still had to watch them play football. Embarrassments on all levels.

Last edited:
If he really wanted to fit in, he could've done like Jimmy Cheek..... View attachment 680720
That would have shown how folksy he is.
🤢
I just love how nothing gets past Vol Nation. Man casually picks his nose at a presser in the crowd and we memorialize it in gif form 😆 Twelve years late, still going strong.

I think that was Butch’s intro presser. Kind of a harbinger of things to come.

I just love how nothing gets past Vol Nation. Man casually picks his nose at a presser in the crowd and we memorialize it in gif form 😆 Twelve years late, still going strong.

HE ATE IT TOO. 🤣🤣🤣

Go back and read my edit. As a university, we were a train wreck.

Last edited:
I'm good with "Juan Ward" replacing Kesling at anytime. Those calls make the hairs on my neck stand up. That passion and excitement is a gift that Bob just ain't got. It's time for the broadcast booth to match the action that's happening on the field.

If Carlos can throw in some English every once in a while, I believe I could keep up with what's happening in the game. I think we've got something special with him
I don't listen to Kestling but always wondered if he yelled "Brrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!"

Probably not.

I don't really put any stock in what an entertainer, athlete or anybody for that matter says about subject matter outside their profession or area of expertise. Kinda like morans view the FF.
Can't believe this statement. After all, you're not an expert 🤔

Maximum Appeal to Authority, mixed with a maximum of Courtier's Reply. Kudos! 1 + 1 = 2 is something I only believe when coming out of a mathematicians mouth afterall.

Reactions: rikberry31

If he'd only picked it, it would have been a short-lived goof.

But he ATE THE DAMN THING right there in front of God and everybody else! He earned his immortality.

VN Store

Back