Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Speaking of gyms and ppl sucking…

Do all gyms have that “one guy”? You all know the guy I’m referring to…

I’m just minding my own business…got my headphones on…pushing through the day’s training…

All the sudden, that “one guy”…”UHHHH. UHHHH. UHHHH.” As he does his reps…slams weights down when he’s through his set…then proceeds to strut around like he’s done something…like, why not just come in wearing neon bright gym clothes so everyone can make sure and see him…THAT “one guy”? Oh…and he’s a little skinny dude too…

Do all gyms have that guy? Sheesh.
 Yes

At my gum they stand around taking selfies in the bathroom mirrors after their muscle pump. It's hard to change and take a piss without photo bombing them.

Would do this diet with exception of hot dogs.

Had polyp removed. Really just try not to eat deli meat and hot dogs.
I've been good in that regard. I'm due this year though so we'll see. I've been blessed (or cursed) with an iron stomach. Hot wings (extremely hot) are also a staple. I try to always throw in some roughage, broccoli, salad, etc. I will say it's expensive when compared to regular diet. Anything with "keto/low carb" on the label is more $$. However, you probably equal out by skipping the chips and snacks.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM and Rejo
I've been good in that regard. I'm due this year though so we'll see. I've been blessed (or cursed) with an iron stomach. Hot wings (extremely hot) are also a staple. I try to always throw in some roughage, broccoli, salad, etc. I will say it's expensive when compared to regular diet. Anything with "keto/low carb" on the label is more $$. However, you probably equal out by skipping the chips and snacks.
I second this take about it being more expensive on the front end. I haven’t crunched the numbers officially, but I really believe I’m saving money in the long run because I’m not eating a bunch of crap that 1) isn’t satiating and 2) isnt addicting. I’m not buying near the crap at the grocery that I used to. I’m also saving long term on prescriptions I’m no longer taking or won’t be taking in the near future.

IMO, you can’t ever spend ‘too much’ for good health.

If you're strict low carb/keto you can't have the chips. I eat out all the time. Even eat some fast food. Hardy's has a low carb lettuce wrap burger. I eat the sonic ft long coney, no bun. Waffle house is great with eggs and sausage, no toast, or hashbrowns. Arby's, roast beef, I get double with lettuce tomato and mayo, no bun. I eat it with a fork. No fries. There's menu items everywhere that you can eat, just avoid the bread/bun, potatoes/fries, rice.

I just finished dinner. I had a pundits of steamed shrimp. I get the precooked, pealed shrimp from the Kroger butcher. Simply boil water and dump them in for a couple of minutes, sprinkle on some old bay and dip in some melted garlic butter. Add a little salad for some roughage. Zero carbs. (watch your salad dressing.

If my sweet tooth is acting up, get some Brier's carb smart vanilla and dump a couple of scoops in a tall glass and cover with some coke zero.

There's a bunch of low carb options with bread now. We've have low carb buns for hotdogs and burgers. We go through a bunch of low carb tortillas. Makes great burritos, fajitas and wraps. I even make pizzas with the torts. Watch your sauce for sugar. We use Rao's.

Sugar is the enemy. Exercise is the king. Weight training > cardio imo.
Strength training. So enjoyable.

Running is fun too. Love getting on saddle. Any physical exercise, hell working in the yard.

So long as it isn't at a gym

A few minutes a day lifting weights or jogging would probably offset the delicious food :)
Yep.

Get a kettlebell. Do cleans and presses. Kettlebell swings. Occasionally, throw in snatches, Turkish getups, bent presses. Mix it up for variety.

Takes about 30 minutes for a full body workout.

Gets the heartrate up and builds muscle. Increases metabolism for ~48 hours. So if you do that every other day, three days a week, that's six days a week that you've raised your metabolism. And that's not even counting the calories burned by working out.

When it gets fairly easy, buy a heavier kettlebell and keep it up.

I second this take about it being more expensive on the front end. I haven’t crunched the numbers officially, but I really believe I’m saving money in the long run because I’m not eating a bunch of crap that 1) isn’t satiating and 2) isnt addicting. I’m not buying near the crap at the grocery that I used to. I’m also saving long term on prescriptions I’m no longer taking or won’t be taking in the near future.

IMO, you can’t ever spend ‘too much’ for good health.
I’ve been fortunate at my age (61), I am a junk eater, weigh a little less than I did in high school and still get great blood results every 6 months. That includes my cholesterol. My good cholesterol is really high, because I love fresh vegetables and not much meat (I think).

Yep.

Get a kettlebell. Do cleans and presses. Kettlebell swings. Occasionally, throw in snatches, Turkish getups, bent presses. Mix it up for variety.

Takes about 30 minutes for a full body workout.

Gets the heartrate up and builds muscle. Increases metabolism for ~48 hours. So if you do that every other day, three days a week, that's six days a week that you've raised your metabolism. And that's not even counting the calories burned by working out.

When it gets fairly easy, buy a heavier kettlebell and keep it up.
1727308828995.gif

If you're strict low carb/keto you can't have the chips. I eat out all the time. Even eat some fast food. Hardy's has a low carb lettuce wrap burger. I eat the sonic ft long coney, no bun. Waffle house is great with eggs and sausage, no toast, or hashbrowns. Arby's, roast beef, I get double with lettuce tomato and mayo, no bun. I eat it with a fork. No fries. There's menu items everywhere that you can eat, just avoid the bread/bun, potatoes/fries, rice.

I just finished dinner. I had a pundits of steamed shrimp. I get the precooked, pealed shrimp from the Kroger butcher. Simply boil water and dump them in for a couple of minutes, sprinkle on some old bay and dip in some melted garlic butter. Add a little salad for some roughage. Zero carbs. (watch your salad dressing.

If my sweet tooth is acting up, get some Brier's carb smart vanilla and dump a couple of scoops in a tall glass and cover with some coke zero.

There's a bunch of low carb options with bread now. We've have low carb buns for hotdogs and burgers. We go through a bunch of low carb tortillas. Makes great burritos, fajitas and wraps. I even make pizzas with the torts. Watch your sauce for sugar. We use Rao's.

Sugar is the enemy. Exercise is the king. Weight training > cardio imo.
Nor the rice...

Reactions: InVOLuntary

VN Store

Back