Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Good post. Birmingham manipulation. That was a giant plus for Bama too.

Georgia dodging the Swamp has been a big advantage. The most disadvantageous time to play there is SEC opener with the extreme heat. We got saddled with that, beginning at a time it made zero sense because the East was usually decided by that game.

Kirby is trying to get the rule changed that says programs can't host recruits at neutral site games. To keep his advantage of skipping the swamp and being rewarded for it.

Georgia also never played at TAMU in the regular rotation of non-annual games where every team eventually played every other. That tough road game for UGA somehow was skipped by Birmingham.
Kirby hates playing in Jacksonville and is trying to get it changed to home/home. But the university makes so much money that he keeps getting overruled. And, obviously, while we never play in the Swamp, Florida never has to play in Athens.

UGA is one of—if the singular—most aggressive scheduling SEC teams. Since 2017, we’ve had home/home with ND, played Clemson twice, and played Oregon. And we play a minimum of 9 P5 games every year because of GT. We had a lousy 2023 schedule because our planned 23/24 home/home with Oklahoma got cancelled by the SEC when Oklahoma joined the league.

Reactions: DD4ME
Kirby hates playing in Jacksonville and is trying to get it changed to home/home. But the university makes so much money that he keeps getting overruled. And, obviously, while we never play in the Swamp, Florida never has to play in Athens.

UGA is one of—if the singular—most aggressive scheduling SEC teams. Since 2017, we’ve had home/home with ND, played Clemson twice, and played Oregon. And we play a minimum of 9 P5 games every year because of GT. We had a lousy 2023 schedule because our planned 23/24 home/home with Oklahoma got cancelled by the SEC when Oklahoma joined the league.
Your points are fair.

From a UT fan perspective difficult schedules involves playing UGA and UA every year when both are at their pinnacle. That was then. Scheduling Clemson is a strong move, but not as strong as our old perspectives. With divisions gone it should be somewhat more balanced.

Mizzou's schedule is ridiculous though.

Your points are fair.

From a UT fan perspective difficult schedules involves playing UGA and UA every year when both are at their pinnacle. That was then. Scheduling Clemson is a strong move, but not as strong as our old perspectives. With divisions gone it should be somewhat more balanced.

Mizzou's schedule is ridiculous though.
I get that. Playing Bama every year is literally the hardest possible draw for most of the last two decades. Nobody can argue with that.

will be nice to sit down this saturday with zero stakes in the games and just enjoy CFB. some of the teams ive been meaning to watch: wazzu Boise st, obviously scouting the arkansas A&M game, okie state k state will be a good matchup, BYU game, OU auburn will be fun to see just how broken OU is after us (and how broken auburn is after arky), Illinois PSU (I am seriously thinking Illinois could win this one. underrated game alert), stanford Clemson would love to see clemson get knocked out of the playoff hunt on saturday, Louisville ND (same as clemson for ND), zona utah ought to be a fun one, VA Tech miami should be miami's game but a trap game for sure, UK Ole miss TRAP GAME, uga bama obviously, OSU MSU could be interesting but doubt it

new sports bar opened down the block with 30 tv's, pool, ping pong, shuffle board, and various other bar games. going to have a very nice time 🤠 . can't really play games and watch when tennessee's playing...
Well said. Agree wholeheartedly on potential upsets on Illinois& Louisville.

All this diet talk and at lunch I will go to Arby's and purchase a Double Beef&Cheddar with a large Curly Fry with a large milkshake. Then stop at Shoneys and get dessert.

Then not gain a ounce.😂😂👀
It's insane how much I could eat and never gain weight until I was in my 30s, and even then it wasn't much...until my doctor put me on Gabapentin in 2004...I gained 67 pounds in 7 months and I've had a hard time ever since. If I eat anything that turns to glucose, it goes right straight to fat.

He said it permanently changed my metabolism. Something about insulin and my body storing more glucose as fat where I used to just burn it off.

It sucks...but it is what it is

It’s year 1 of the new system and nobody knows anything for sure yet. I don’t.

But a strong OOC schedule is a nice insurance policy. If UGA loses its hardest 2 games, it will still have wins over 2-3 ranked teams. If UT loses its hardest 2 games, it probably won’t have any ranked wins. That’s not a comfortable place to be.
Lol we take rankings from teams by embarrassing them. You bolster rankings by playing close. UK and NC state or OK would all be good matchups. For once i am excited to play you guys and Bama. Skin in the game means more for us all.

Didn't you once mention you really really like Real Housewives of New Jersey?
I Did Not GIFs | Tenor

VN Store

Back