Recruiting Football Talk VIII

squirrel GIFs | Tenor

I hover between 220-225lbs, but I'm 6'4". My morning routine probably helps, I call it the 2x4 (200 push-ups, 200 sit-ups, 200 crunches, 200 squats and run 7 miles after). . .
Close to my routine in my 30's.

300 Pushups, 100-150 crunches, 3-5 miles.

Worked out with 225, at 185.

Not so much now. My knees hurt just thinking about running 3-5 miles. Damn I miss it.

Lol we take rankings from teams by embarrassing them. You bolster rankings by playing close. UK and NC state or OK would all be good matchups. For once i am excited to play you guys and Bama. Skin in the game means more for us all.
I get the sentiment, but UGA took Clemson out back and whooped them. Even after getting nothing against us, they’re still a top 10 offense (YPP against FBS teams). Show me another ranked team with a 30-point loss on a neutral field this season.

Kentucky isn’t a great team, but they always seem to give UGA fits in Lexington. In the last three trips up there, UGA scored 13, 16, and 14 points.

I get the sentiment, but UGA took Clemson out back and whooped them. Even after getting nothing against us, they’re still a top 10 offense (YPP against FBS teams). Show me another ranked team with a 30-point loss on a neutral field this season.

Kentucky isn’t a great team, but they always seem to give UGA fits in Lexington. In the last three trips up there, UGA scored 13, 16, and 14 points.
We beat NC St (#15 vs #24 matchup iirc) by 41.

And, yes, on a neutral field. Just to meet all barriers to entry.

I probably couldn't do 50 push-ups. . . maybe 4 sets of 10.
I could do it in sets. I dont know if its tendons or ligaments (prob early arthritis) in shoulders. Cant really do shoulder press bc of it, maybe really light weight. Then top off at 45 lbs.

Pushups I could get to 200 in sets, but would hurt at first.

Pullups, shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii forget it.

Kirby hates playing in Jacksonville and is trying to get it changed to home/home. But the university makes so much money that he keeps getting overruled. And, obviously, while we never play in the Swamp, Florida never has to play in Athens.

UGA is one of—if the singular—most aggressive scheduling SEC teams. Since 2017, we’ve had home/home with ND, played Clemson twice, and played Oregon. And we play a minimum of 9 P5 games every year because of GT. We had a lousy 2023 schedule because our planned 23/24 home/home with Oklahoma got cancelled by the SEC when Oklahoma joined the league.
college-football-tennessee-vols.gif

Yeah UGA offense sucks azz and let UK shut em down, true dat. And the defense couldn’t get that mighty UK offense off the field. They possessed the ball for 35 minutes and went 9/16 on 3rd down.

Close to my routine in my 30's.

300 Pushups, 100-150 crunches, 3-5 miles.

Worked out with 225, at 185.

Not so much now. My knees hurt just thinking about running 3-5 miles. Damn I miss it.
Running sucks compared to biking. If you are looking for distance and longevity, exercises down the road.

Running is so overrated and not exactly easy on our bodies and joints.

We beat NC St (#15 vs #24 matchup iirc) by 41.

And, yes, on a neutral field. Just to meet all barriers to entry.
DD4ME’s point wasn’t about teams being ranked when the games were played; it’s about where they’re ranked now. Y’all crushed NCST, but that win probably isnt going to get more valuable with the passage of time.

Reactions: DD4ME

VN Store

Back