Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Running sucks compared to biking. If you are looking for distance and longevity, exercises down the road.

Running is so overrated and not exactly easy on our bodies and joints.
Got a Trek hard tail. Added stuff like new cranks, clip pedals, and dropper seat (which ive used once).

Trek MTB ride on 29ers. So its a workout just getting in down the road. When the planets align will take the boy, or meet some buds on Tweetsie Trail and ride to Riverside Taphouse, or come back to Crankys for a beer.

About 15-20miles. The boy rides about 5-6 miles, on training wheels.

I get the sentiment, but UGA took Clemson out back and whooped them. Even after getting nothing against us, they’re still a top 10 offense (YPP against FBS teams). Show me another ranked team with a 30-point loss on a neutral field this season.

Kentucky isn’t a great team, but they always seem to give UGA fits in Lexington. In the last three trips up there, UGA scored 13, 16, and 14 points.
You guys always lay an egg, but you also no longer have Brock HOF Bowers or Stetson Gamer Bennet. I will be at the edge of my seat to see how you play Bama. You will beat a lot of teams on talent. That is what pulled you ahead against Clemson. That was a battle until late.

For once in a very long time you face 3 teams with comparable talent.

DD4ME’s point wasn’t about teams being ranked when the games were played; it’s about where they’re ranked now. Y’all crushed NCST, but that win probably isnt going to get more valuable with the passage of time.
Then it's a meaningless discussion. No one knows where any teams will be ranked by season's end. W4 vs W2 is immaterial by that standard, might as well leave that argument by the wayside.

You can only play the team that's in front of you at the time. If you RAIL a team and they get dropped...then you are punished...? That's silly. And if you SQUEAK by the same team and they stay ranked, that makes you better?? LMAO. Awful logic.

DD4ME’s point wasn’t about teams being ranked when the games were played; it’s about where they’re ranked now. Y’all crushed NCST, but that win probably isnt going to get more valuable with the passage of time.

Nobody is really ranked right now. AP rankings are meaningless.

We’re going into week 5 and the first CFP rankings don’t drop until after week 10 (40 more days).

I get it, and I actually agree a Clemson win may be the mercy rule you need if you drop 2 of your big 3.
You guys truly could go undefeated, but we can all agree this is your most vulnerable in the last several.

UGA fans will look back and kick themselves for that Bama loss last year that kept you out. You had the better team.

BTW you are welcome anytime in my book. I have no issues looking past the homer perspectives and you seem capable of that.

Then it's a meaningless discussion. No one knows where any teams will be ranked by season's end. W4 vs W2 is immaterial by that standard.

You can only play the team that's in front of you at the time. If you RAIL a team and they get dropped...then you are punished. That's silly. And if you SQUEAK by the same team and they stay ranked, that makes you better?? LMAO.
Dude. Read my post history and you’ll find me making this very point. I don’t know where the vitriol comes from.

I’d also suggest that margin of defeat doesn’t matter as much in rankings once we get 5-6 games in.

Reactions: DD4ME
Dude. Read my post history and you’ll find me making this very point. I don’t know where the vitriol comes from.

I’d also suggest that margin of defeat doesn’t matter as much in rankings once we get 5-6 games in.

Except rankings don’t matter 5-6 games in. They don’t matter until the actual rankings come out. For now it’s just so everyone has something to talk about

Reactions: Glitch and Visidog

No vitriol here. Don't even know who you are. Sorry if I came off raw.

Would disagree with margins. Bill C (the GOAT) and most other analytics folks stand with margins as a primary predictor of success. My UT example is always 2016 bowl game, where 10-2 #10 Northwestern, that won half of their games by 4 or fewer points, came in as a 9 pt dog to 8-4 #24 UT that was +15 ppg iirc. NW lost by 39. Similar story with ND vs Bama in the cfp championship. ND just skated by all season on close wins. A dominant 11-1 team would have been a favorite vs ND on a neutral field.

Close wins/losses are variance. Big wins and losses are stronger correlated to root causes.

Reactions: Glitch and Visidog
I get it, and I actually agree a Clemson win may be the mercy rule you need if you drop 2 of your big 3.
You guys truly could go undefeated, but we can all agree this is your most vulnerable in the last several.

UGA fans will look back and kick themselves for that Bama loss last year that kept you out. You had the better team.

BTW you are welcome anytime in my book. I have no issues looking past the homer perspectives and you seem capable of that.
Yeah last year was tough, but credit goes to Bama for playing well. I can give you woulda/coulda/shoulda, but it boils down to UGA having a weak-ish schedule and losing its biggest game.

That’s why I feel better about this year. Having margin for error is a big luxury.

Reactions: DD4ME
No vitriol here. Don't even know who you are. Sorry if I came off raw.

Would disagree with margins. Bill C (the GOAT) and most other analytics folks stand with margins as a primary predictor of success. My UT example is always 2016 bowl game, where 10-2 Northwestern, that won half of their games by 4 or fewer points, came in as a 9 pt dog to 8-4 #24 UT that was +15 ppg iirc. They lost by 39. Similar story with ND vs Bama in the cfp championship.

Close wins/losses are variance. Big wins and losses are stronger correlated to root causes.
Let’s shake hands over Bill C. and get less sensitive.

VN Store

Back