Recruiting Football Talk VIII

That's because Tennessee had a bad coach in most of those years. Dooley, Jones and Pruitt.šŸ¤¦šŸ¤¦šŸ¤¦šŸ¤¦

I look towards the future not dwell on the past.
Same. It's some kind of weird superstition that looks back at completely different/previous teams that wore the UT uniform, most under completely different coaching staffs, against completely different/previous teams wearing the UF uniform, most under completely different coaching staffs. It's like being convinced your wife is cheating on you because other wives have cheated at times throughout history.

Maybe you just show faith in your wife until SHE gives you reason to worry.

Reactions: knoxvol52

Doesnā€™t the UGA/ Bama game feel low-stakes? I mean, fans are on edge and going crazy, but this game doesnā€™t feel like it really impacts the rest of the season. A 12-team playoff gives everybody one loss to play withā€”and probably gives these two teams two losses to burn.

Not sure I like this playoff thing.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Until we do it...it's just talk, and talk ain't worth šŸ’©
Then talk about previous teams, against previous teams, is worth less than nothing. It has MUCH LESS to do with the conversation than expectations of THIS UT team against THIS UF team. Yet the fear-posts keep popping up every time UF is mentioned.

I would agree at least that that talk is worthless.

It blows my mind how many people and talking heads think our offense is air-raid. The are totally ignorant.
One of the ā€œReasons Heupel will never win at an elite levelā€ when he was hired was that ā€œHis offense canā€™t win time of possession!ā€ Top notch analysis from our usuals. Along with ā€œDoesnā€™t utilize the running game and TE position.ā€ Throw in the ā€œCanā€™t field a representative defense with this pace.ā€ for the capper. šŸ˜

I really think auburn beats them. They're not going to have a freak outing with 5 turnovers again.

It's unlikely, but I could possibly see Oklahoma going through a Nebraska-like drought.
Accurate.....Screenshot_20240919_172446_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Texas has a better chance of being consistently relevant in the SEC than Oklahoma does. Ok has a great history and tradition but the SEC doesn't care. They will be like Auburn, always someone's little brother. They can have a great season once a decade but the rest of the time, they'll be chasing the big boys. They should've stayed in the Big 12 and dominated that conference. Suckers!!!

One of the ā€œReasons Heupel will never win at an elite levelā€ when he was hired was that ā€œHis offense canā€™t win time of possession!ā€ Top notch analysis from our usuals. Along with ā€œDoesnā€™t utilize the running game and TE position.ā€ Throw in the ā€œCanā€™t field a representative defense with this pace.ā€ for the capper. šŸ˜
Caint croot

There are probably better words to describe than 'poverty'. Beside, drawing corollary between UF and those impoverished - is a slight to those who are less fortunate.

I would say Florida is straight dog ****.
And thatā€™s not a slight to dog ****?

A poverty program is just that ā€” a program that has nothing. A poverty team, I guess, would be a team that has nothing. I called Ole Miss a poverty program a few pages backā€¦ never even played in an SEC championship game ā€” in exclusive company with Vandy, UK and Texas A&M. Have a black bear as a mascot now becauseā€¦ why not, I guess? A football program most famous for its fans partying outside of the stadium (ā€œwe might lose the game, but we never lost a tailgateā€ā€¦ šŸ˜‚). All they have is a few claimed national titles from 60+ years ago in seasons where they finished ranked behind Minnesota. And now theyā€™re painting their end zones with a recruiting slogan from social media, like a program with no worthwhile tradition would do. Thatā€™s what it means to be a poverty program.

Greed will wreck college football. All the conference realignments and these "red shirt transfers" coming out are just a little more of the iceberg showing. ESPN/Disney, 10 million per year coaches, and NIL will continue to deteriorate what was the greatest sports organization of all time...... college football.

Doesnā€™t the UGA/ Bama game feel low-stakes? I mean, fans are on edge and going crazy, but this game doesnā€™t feel like it really impacts the rest of the season. A 12-team playoff gives everybody one loss to play withā€”and probably gives these two teams two losses to burn.

Nah. I totally disagree and love the playoff. More teams and more battles means more chaos. You and Bama can no longer just win one important game to win it all.

I also think this game has huge stakes for your two fanbases. More so for UGA imo due to schedule and expectations. Y'all's game is going to have one fan base questioning their identity. UGA and Bama fans have been on autopilot for 5-10 years sweating almost none of your regular season matchups. This is the one where doubts likely creep in.

UGA:
Is Kirby jinxed against Bama?
Is our offense good enough?
Where has our skill players recruiting gone?
Should we fire Bobo?

Bama:
Is DeBoer the guy?
Will his scheme work?
what is up with our OL recruiting?

Greed will wreck college football. All the conference realignments and these "red shirt transfers" coming out are just a little more of the iceberg showing. ESPN/Disney, 10 million per year coaches, and NIL will continue to deteriorate what was the greatest sports organization of all time...... college football.
I wonder if things will change when it comes to NIL. I'm guessing a lot of NIL deals are front loaded. If a guy has current money at stake, I wonder if this stuff happens. If you cut off their money stream when they pull this stuff they have something to lose. This makes me think Danny foresaw things like this and that's why he's championing PFP.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
That's because Tennessee had a bad coach in most of those years. Dooley, Jones and Pruitt.šŸ¤¦šŸ¤¦šŸ¤¦šŸ¤¦

I look towards the future not dwell on the past.
Iā€™m with you, but Heupel is 1-2 against them and that was Mullenā€™s lame duck squad and the two that Napier vomited out.

I love it...I've ALWAYS hated the way College Football determines champions. I was a NFL Steelers fan as kid in the 70s before I ever knew anything about college football, so when I did become a Tennessee fan at 16, it was the thing I HATED about college football...I have always thought it was completely stupid.

Lol. So a pattern seems to be emerging. Some transfer guys are mercenaries.

Dabo like

I get the outrage. And I get the term mercenary being thrown out. And there are absolutely players that are bad apples. I am curious though to see how many of these situations are coaches/NIL straight up being dishonest with recruits during recruiting then failing to come thru with what was promised. There is TONS of unethical behavior going on with some of these coaches/NIL. And when that is the case I am not going to put too much blame on the players for going to extreme measures. And hopefully it sheds light and provides more transparecy in the future of the bad actors in the game. It is not really unlike being offered a job with a certain salary and then finding your paycheck is blank or is shorter by mulitple zeros at the end. You telling me you would keep showing up to work every day? Or would you call them out for it and look for recourse?

Man kids are earning theirs and protecting themselves. It is long overdue. Does it need some rails? Sure. Should that be the NCAA - hell naw. Get some better contract law in these NIL's and all this gets better. This forces coaches to run good programs. If you don't bye.

Then talk about previous teams, against previous teams, is worth less than nothing. It has MUCH LESS to do with the conversation than expectations of THIS UT team against THIS UF team. Yet the fear-posts keep popping up every time UF is mentioned.

I would agree at least that that talk is worthless.
Show me a fear post I've made about Florida...I said "until we do it, it is just talk".

I said we should beat them..so get off my back.

VN Store

Back