Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I get the outrage. And I get the term mercenary being thrown out. And there are absolutely players that are bad apples. I am curious though to see how many of these situations are coaches/NIL straight up being dishonest with recruits during recruiting then failing to come thru with what was promised. There is TONS of unethical behavior going on with some of these coaches/NIL. And when that is the case I am not going to put too much blame on the players for going to extreme measures. And hopefully it sheds light and provides more transparecy in the future of the bad actors in the game. It is not really unlike being offered a job with a certain salary and then finding your paycheck is blank or is shorter by mulitple zeros at the end. You telling me you would keep showing up to work every day? Or would you call them out for it and look for recourse?
Could be, but so far dudes opting out mid season have mostly been repeat transfers hoping for their golden ticket.

One of the “Reasons Heupel will never win at an elite level” when he was hired was that “His offense can’t win time of possession!” Top notch analysis from our usuals. Along with “Doesn’t utilize the running game and TE position.” Throw in the “Can’t field a representative defense with this pace.” for the capper. 😏
It blows my kind how much clock we can run...when we want to.

Ignorant fools should keep their mouth shut, and quit talking about something they don't know anything about.

I have always wondered how the CFP committee would treat a hypothetical undefeated Army or Navy team going into that game. The Army-Navy game takes place exactly one week before the CFP first round games take place.
I would personally love to see it. I think the tv ratings would LOVE it.

I hope it happens this year…both teams are good. Whichever one is undefeated going into their matchup, I hope the other lets them win to get that spot lol

The week rest can be both good and bad…good cause you’re still in game shape, but bad obviously cause the other team is fresh.

And that’s not a slight to dog ****?

A poverty program is just that — a program that has nothing. A poverty team, I guess, would be a team that has nothing. I called Ole Miss a poverty program a few pages back… never even played in an SEC championship game — in exclusive company with Vandy, UK and Texas A&M. Have a black bear as a mascot now because… why not, I guess? A football program most famous for its fans partying outside of the stadium (“we might lose the game, but we never lost a tailgate”… 😂). All they have is a few claimed national titles from 60+ years ago in seasons where they finished ranked behind Minnesota. And now they’re painting their end zones with a recruiting slogan from social media, like a program with no worthwhile tradition would do. That’s what it means to be a poverty program.
😯

Screenshot_20240927_105921_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Doesn’t the UGA/ Bama game feel low-stakes? I mean, fans are on edge and going crazy, but this game doesn’t feel like it really impacts the rest of the season. A 12-team playoff gives everybody one loss to play with—and probably gives these two teams two losses to burn.

Not sure I like this playoff thing.
I understand. But it’s great for the Vols. We can get in most years with 2 losses. I like that.

Maybe. To add to your point, is having too much of a break a hindrance? You know the SEC championship game would be a battle. What if we were to lose a major contributor? It's an interesting question to ponder.
I thought about that - and I think it is true in baseball or basketball but when I think about bowl games we’ve played in, that break actually seems to help. 🤷🏻

Are all of those injuries from our game, or were some preexisting?

I was responding to their fans wishing they hadn't joined the SEC. That said, Saturday there were 1 or 2 offensive drives for OK where it seemed like they were getting an injury every play. They should have punted just to stay healthy.

I'm not sure how many new longer-term injuries they compiled as they weren't totally healthy before they played us.

Reactions: Orange_Crush
Let him perceive Florida as he wishes. I choose to believe they're a poverty program. I don't care whether they are or not. Any disparaging remarks toward the Gators should be celebrated.

And that’s not a slight to dog ****?

A poverty program is just that — a program that has nothing. A poverty team, I guess, would be a team that has nothing. I called Ole Miss a poverty program a few pages back… never even played in an SEC championship game — in exclusive company with Vandy, UK and Texas A&M. Have a black bear as a mascot now because… why not, I guess? A football program most famous for its fans partying outside of the stadium (“we might lose the game, but we never lost a tailgate”… 😂). All they have is a few claimed national titles from 60+ years ago in seasons where they finished ranked behind Minnesota. And now they’re painting their end zones with a recruiting slogan from social media, like a program with no worthwhile tradition would do. That’s what it means to be a poverty program.
I dunno. I just dont going around throwing shade at or saying something is 'poverty.'

To each their own I suppose.

Reactions: drylo
I posted this in the game thread about J. McCoy and want others to see it. Huge play.

Jermod McCoy made one of the smartest football plays I have ever seen on that offsides. He saw the DR (I think Pearce) jump into the neutral zone and immediately extended his arms and used both hands to make contact with the OK receiver as the ball was snapped to cause the whistle and keep OK from having a free play to take a shot. Watch the play if you get a chance.

Phenomenal awareness....McCoy is a HUGE addition and is a future NFL CB. His timing on coverage hits to separate the ball is elite, he has great speed and physicality and incredible instincts and football IQ. Best DB we have had in a long time
Not disputing that McCoy is a smart player, but how does him reaching across the line to touch the wr negate penalty on Pearce being in the neutral zone?

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Not disputing that McCoy is a smart player, but how does him reaching across the line to touch the wr negate penalty on Pearce being in the neutral zone?
It was a free play with the offsides. His contact necessitated the play being blown dead. Saved us an explosive touchdown.

Show me a fear post I've made about Florida...I said "until we do it, it is just talk".

I said we should beat them..so get off my back.
I merely responded to your point. I kept it concise. I even posted in the passive tense so as not to accuse any individual. I'm not on your back.

Switch to decaf.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Doesn’t the UGA/ Bama game feel low-stakes? I mean, fans are on edge and going crazy, but this game doesn’t feel like it really impacts the rest of the season. A 12-team playoff gives everybody one loss to play with—and probably gives these two teams two losses to burn.

Not sure I like this playoff thing.
Does a 3 loss UGA team with close win over Kentucky make the playoffs? I don’t think they do. If they lose this weekend the pressure is going to start to build.

I guess my point is that these playoffs feel somewhere in between the nfl and how college used to be.

VN Store

Back