Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I call BS. 'Micro Brews' are so popular now, hardly anyone drinks mainstream beers. Any data pooled would not take those into account.

Saw a dude drinking Miller Lite Bottles at Aubreys last night. Wanted to ask 'Hey man, did you see the 50 other taps up here?'

Green Man Porter, Vanilla Bourbon Barrel Ale....

'What beer do you drink (when not at a micro brewery?'

'Ugh, Tecate?! No Dos Equis.'

I call BS. 'Micro Brews' are so popular now, hardly anyone drinks mainstream beers. Any data pooled would not take those into account.

Saw a dude drinking Miller Lite Bottles at Aubreys last night. Wanted to ask 'Hey man, did you see the 50 other taps up here?'

Would you like me to pull stats from our store alone that shows mainstream beers out sale micro brews 10 to 1 at a minimum?

Edit: Not saying this as a dickhead, just saying mainstream is still king and it’s not even close @Jackcrevol

Last edited:
Imperial from Costa Rica is pretty great too. It's funny. It's basically their Budweiser (not literally, it's not a watered-down pilsner).
I’ll have to check that one out

I used to love trying craft stuff but I guess I’m getting old and just enjoy the simplicity now😂

I can do a sour in the summer, stouts or porters in the winter, and pumpkin beers in the fall but typically only 1 in an evening

Oh, so you're one of those pinky out beer drinkers.

hold-your-pinky-up-like-this-patrick-star.gif

Possible hot take incoming:

I am actually OK in concept with officials sometimes overturning a call on replay review with less than indisputable evidence, because sometimes you just can’t see the ball, but the laws of physics make it reasonably clear (despite lack of indisputable video evidence) that the call on the field was wrong. However, if you are going to overturn an official’s call on the field when the official may have been able to see something the camera couldn’t, and you don’t have absolutely indisputable video evidence, then the official(s) that actually made the call should be watching the replay review alongside the referee and command center and be the lead part of the decision-making process to overturn his real-time call.

As a Yankee fan.........I hate the Sox, but this will NEVER happen again.

Not since 1941 has anyone in baseball has completed a season with a batting average of .400 or higher.

Boston Red Sox slugger and Hall of Famer Ted Williams was the last to accomplish this feat. And he crossed the threshold in an unforgettable performance.

The 1941 season ended for the Red Sox on Sept. 28. The Red Sox were in Philadelphia playing a doubleheader against the Athletics. Boston defeated Philadelphia in both games, ending the season in second place in the American League.

But the Red Sox’s two wins were overshadowed by a historic day at the plate for Williams.
He played left field for the Red Sox in both games, entering the day with a batting average of .3995 – which would be rounded up to .400. But Williams insisted on playing to ensure there was no doubt about his mark.

Williams was 4-for-5 at the plate in the first game raising his batting average to .404.

In the second game Williams went 2-for-3 to finalize his average for the season at .406.

1727529554213.png

Reactions: WesTnVol and mrMet

I used to love trying craft stuff but I guess I’m getting old and just enjoy the simplicity now😂

I can do a sour in the summer, stouts or porters in the winter, and pumpkin beers in the fall but typically only 1 in an evening
Love me a stout and/or porter. Honey wheats. Honey browns. Belgian wheats. Ambers.

The Imperial kind of reminds me of an amber with a hint of 'skunk' on the back end. ('Skunk', think Moosehead sour notes.)

1727529648322.png

Reactions: mrMet

Oh, a Pilsner? nope

Love me a stout and/or porter. Honey wheats. Honey browns. Belgian wheats. Ambers.

The Imperial kind of reminds me of an amber with a hint of 'skunk' on the back end. ('Skunk', think Moosehead sour notes.)

View attachment 681503
Here’s what I’m going with this weekend
IMG_7078.jpeg

View attachment 681503
Been in on Pacifico lately. Bit of a honey finish, but maltier (I think) than other Cervezas. Also like Sierra Nevada in the fall, crispier, lighter, and aromatic (yes) aromatic Hop to an IPA.

After a bike ride im usually a Hazy IPA feller.

Anywho, Pacific is brewed with Newsome malt & Pelosi Yeast from the north - which makes it better😎. I kid. That would be a nutty beer.

Been in on Pacifico lately. Bit of a honey finish, but maltier (I think) than other Cervezas. Also like Sierra Nevada in the fall, crispier, lighter, and aromatic (yes) aromatic Hop to an IPA.

After a bike ride im usually a Hazy IPA feller.

Anywho, Pacific is brewed with Newsome malt & Pelosi Yeast from the north - which makes it better😎. I kid. That would be a nutty beer.
Paul or Nancy?

Reactions: knoxvol52

VN Store

Back