Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Ok. This is starting to get serious folks. We are 27 days away from kickoff. Where is the UTC game thread? @nicksjuzunk has a lot on his plate at the moment, and I don't think it is fair to ask more of him. We should probably give him a break from game threads so he can focus on his family. @nicksjuzunk, we love you and support you. That being said, I have put together a little game thread construction practice film to show the meticulous work I will do in my game thread construction and operation. That's right, I said operation. Not only will I build and launch games threads, I will remain with the game thread throughout its lifecycle. I will keep it free of NegaVols through vigorous reporting of reactionary and overly anti-Vol posts that have plague game threads in the past. I will also ensure the gif game of each game thread is always at 11 ensuring maximum game thread enjoyment for all. Finally, I will gracefully retire game threads to their proper places of honor while launching the next thread with all the vigor and excitement that they each deserve. I will give my all for Tennessee if you elect me your next Game Thread President! I am @Glitch and I approve this message. V-O-L V-O-L V-O-L

This message is brought to you TrueVFLSforGlitchforGameThreadPresident. @Glitch Treasurer.

Bob The Builder Fix It GIF - Bob The Builder Fix It Hammer - Discover &  Share GIFs
tmp.giftmp.giftmp.giftmp.gif

Ok. This is starting to get serious folks. We are 27 days away from kickoff. Where is the UTC game thread? @nicksjuzunk has a lot on his plate at the moment, and I don't think it is fair to ask more of him. We should probably give him a break from game threads so he can focus on his family. @nicksjuzunk, we love you and support you. That being said, I have put together a little game thread construction practice film to show the meticulous work I will do in my game thread construction and operation. That's right, I said operation. Not only will I build and launch games threads, I will remain with the game thread throughout its lifecycle. I will keep it free of NegaVols through vigorous reporting of reactionary and overly anti-Vol posts that have plague game threads in the past. I will also ensure the gif game of each game thread is always at 11 ensuring maximum game thread enjoyment for all. Finally, I will gracefully retire game threads to their proper places of honor while launching the next thread with all the vigor and excitement that they each deserve. I will give my all for Tennessee if you elect me your next Game Thread President! I am @Glitch and I approve this message. V-O-L V-O-L V-O-L

This message is brought to you TrueVFLSforGlitchforGameThreadPresident. @Glitch Treasurer.

Bob The Builder Fix It GIF - Bob The Builder Fix It Hammer - Discover &  Share GIFs

giphy-7.gif

So, I have to wonder, does ANYONE see this similar as to how I do? Silver and bronze medals are nice, and winning the total medal count is nice, too, but the real winner of the Olympics IMO is the country with the most gold medals. The gold medal is given to the athlete or team that actually WINS in their discipline. So the country with the most gold medals has the most actual WINS. I don't really factor in who has the most second or third place finishes. It's all about who has the most golds.

But, I still enjoy watching American athletes do well, win or lose. They put in a lot of hard work to reach this level. They should be appreciated.
1000001383.gif

I'm going to do the unthinkable and defend the NCAA on this Michigan thing...

They have an absolutely impossible job. Impossible to the point of being a joke. All they want to do is what the member schools want them to do. That's really their only purpose. And yet, imagine the position they are in now. Michigan and the Big 10 commissioner are prepared to spend more money than God has seen in legal fees against whatever punishment the NCAA would give them. And yet, every AD and president in the B10 has called them and told them they better do something about Michigan. And where will these people be when all of this boils over? Silent and nowhere to be found.

The NCAA gets to be the big bad villain because everyone who told them to enforce the rules behind closed doors disappears like cockroaches when the lights come on as soon as the investigation starts. I think the same could be said for the Nico posterizing we gave them.

I'm going to do the unthinkable and defend the NCAA on this Michigan thing...

They have an absolutely impossible job. Impossible to the point of being a joke. All they want to do is what the member schools want them to do. That's really their only purpose. And yet, imagine the position they are in now. Michigan and the Big 10 commissioner are prepared to spend more money than God has seen in legal fees against whatever punishment the NCAA would give them. And yet, every AD and president in the B10 has called them and told them they better do something about Michigan. And where will these people be when all of this boils over? Silent and nowhere to be found.

The NCAA gets to be the big bad villain because everyone who told them to enforce the rules behind closed doors disappears like cockroaches when the lights come on as soon as the investigation starts. I think the same could be said for the Nico posterizing we gave them.
If every other school in the B10 wants them punished, why would the B10 commissioner be on their side? He's supposed to rep ALL the schools, not just one.

If every other school in the B10 wants them punished, why would the B10 commissioner be on their side? He's supposed to rep ALL the schools, not just one.
The B10 league office is concerned with the valuation of the league, of which Michigan is a giant chunk.

Where, say, the AD of Ohio State might be interested in punishing Michigan for obvious reasons, the league itself is going to put the Michigan brand before anything like that. JMO.

You kinda just proved his/her point. Michigan is the cash cow. That’s why the commissioner is on their side.

The member schools want the door to be open for them to step into the cash cow role. The commissioner wants to protect whoever is the best because they have the best chance of bringing the conference more money. It’s what we’ve all been lamenting with sankey and bama for years.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Hell, yeah @Glitch. Everybody forgets that the Vols won that game. Did we play bad and let a bad team hang around ? Yes, but we won and Nick was just 8-4 in his game threads. That's 4 losses, just last year and you are still undefeated ! Just saying, although I do enjoy Nick's game threads. But, he obviously had something going on, the game threads were rushed, smaller in content and almost always, extremely late in being posted. If he is still pre-occupied, then @Glitch has my vote !

I bet I get 🔥 up for this post, but I do NOT care
1722831227000.gif

VN Store

Back