Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I bet UGA beats Bama if they meet again. Once UGA got out of being rattled and adjusted, Bama didn't do much outside of a few splash plays.

To handle Bama Georgia have us the play style. Don't give up the edge/contain, shutdown Williams, spy Milroe.

Georgia giving up the edge early basically lost them the game.

Not trying to be a dick, but agnostic organizations have as much or more overhead as religious ones. Seems silly to me, but that is just my opinion.
There is really no need to argue about this. Give to who you trust and want and let others do the same. This goes for you too, @vol_in_ga

Honestly, if you post it here, you should expect comments on it. I don't think what was said was over the top. Just some good natured ribbing. That's part of it. I like the Raiders and they suck. I like the Cubs and they don't suck but they are not a playoff team.
It's all good, just biding my time til a subject comes up I don't give two ***** about.

Last edited:
Reactions: Glitch and drvenner
Oct 19th is setting up to be an epic day for college football, especially in the SEC.

We could potentially have two top 5 matchups and both from the same conference: UGA/Texas and Bama/UT.

That doubleheader will be all time epic. I hope UT/Bama gets the nod for the 2nd part of the doubleheader.
I want to go first.

Reactions: WesTnVol and Glitch
I bet UGA beats Bama if they meet again. Once UGA got out of being rattled and adjusted, Bama didn't do much outside of a few splash plays.

To handle Bama Georgia have us the play style. Don't give up the edge/contain, shutdown Williams, spy Milroe.

Yeah was super helpful to get the full playbook from both teams yesterday.

Not trying to be a dick, but agnostic organizations have as much or more overhead as religious ones. Seems silly to me, but that is just my opinion.
I think the point is that giving to overhead of a religious group is the same as giving to the religious group. If a Muslim charity group had 15% overhead going to the Muslims running the charity, a lot of Christians would probably not want to give to it, no matter how effective and well-intended those Muslims are at the actual purpose of the charity. I respect that. Especially if there are tons and tons of options.

But you're right, every group has overhead, so if overhead in general bothers people, drive out to the affected area and start donating directly to individuals.

Eh, Bama gave them the 2nd half as much as UGA took it. The defensive and offensive scheme clearly became conservative. UGA did play better, but I think Bama being too willing to be too conservative was just as much to blame.

They wouldn't come out in a conservative approach in a new game. I think Bama beats them 7 or 8 times out of 10.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolNash17
Buladean is gone. Many ppl in RM are trapped because the bridges are gone. Reminiscent of 98.
that's what i fear. many fixed income/retirees dependent on home health, and or loved ones. Probably scared to death. If y'all can imagine, home is built on other side, across the creek. I'm sure there are many deceased among the missing.

Rice Creek in Erwin, and communities above and below Hot Springs. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Sad, sad situation.

I think the point is that giving to overhead of a religious group is the same as giving to the religious group. If a Muslim charity group had 15% overhead going to the Muslims running the charity, a lot of Christians would probably not want to give to it, no matter how effective and well-intended those Muslims are at the actual purpose of the charity. I respect that. Especially if there are tons and tons of options.

But you're right, every group has overhead, so if overhead in general bothers people, drive out to the affected area and start donating directly to individuals.
Well put and that makes a lot more sense to me than the way it was presented originally. Hat tip to you.

Reactions: drvenner and jave36

VN Store

Back