Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I kind of feel gross asking this question....

Anyone hear or think they heard anything about travel from Western NC over to knoxville? I have 1 buddies going to game in 2 weeks. Sorry I am definitely a fish out of water in this situation.

Again I know that the safety of people abd lived is way more important...that is why it's just a question

Reactions: ugg and JCP201
There is really no need to argue about this. Give to who you trust and want and let others do the same. This goes for you too, @vol_in_ga
Thanks for defusing*. That said, please dont pretend me reminding people to be careful as they attempt to do good and someone calling why/how I want to do good being silly are even remotely comparable.

Last edited:
Reactions: drvenner

Anyone hear or think they heard anything about travel from Western NC over to knoxville? I have 1 buddies going to game in 2 weeks. Sorry I am definitely a fish out of water in this situation.

Again I know that the safety of people abd lived is way more important...that is why it's just a question

IMG_5111.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: ugg

I am hearing you need to go up to Whytheville,VA (sp?) And come down 81.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I am hearing you need to go up to Whythville,VA (sp?) And come down 81.
If he's in NC, definitely. I would avoid WNC at all costs. Same for MTN City, or any areas near Damascus. If going Wytheville, prob best to go toward Mt Airy, and above Boone.

If in SC, best to go Cola, then South to Lawrenceville and then around back roads, 411 to Maryville.

Thanks for diffusing. That said, please dont pretend me reminding people to be careful as they attempt to do good and someone calling why/how I want to do good being silly are even remotely comparable.
I apologize for my post. I did not intend for it to call out your desire to help others. I see how it was taken that way. Please give to any organization you desire if you feel they will get help to those that need it. God is not limited to using churches or religious specific organizations to help those in need and I should not have even brought it up. Please carry on and I will gladly move on as well.

Bolden has been really good, but Williams made him look silly on that play. Watching the close-up replay, I’m inclined to credit Williams with a pretty sick move instead of faulting Bolden too much. That jump-back move was filthy.
You guys have got to do something about Chambliss at DE…he didn’t set the edge at all in first half, can’t let TE do that to your DE

Reactions: Visidog
Can’t tell if this is satire or not, but I love how some people on here use the ignore function as if it deletes people from existence lol
I ignore a few, but they are mostly rival poster trolls or just the most extreme unbearable. I am sure there are quite a few that ignore me, and that is fine. I consider it an indictment on their ability to defend their position more than it is on me. Their loss. @butchna has not always agreed with me and vice versa, but he is a good guy who loves the Vols. If that isn't enough common ground to hang out on then maybe ignore is the best option for some folks.

Thanks for diffusing. That said, please dont pretend me reminding people to be careful as they attempt to do good and someone calling why/how I want to do good being silly are even remotely comparable.
defusing?
I apologize for my post. I did not intend for it to call out your desire to help others. I see how it was taken that way. Please give to any organization you desire if you feel they will get help to those that need it. God is not limited to using churches or religious specific organizations to help those in need and I should not have even brought it up. Please carry on and I will gladly move on as well.
I would prob start by never starting a game day thread ever again

My mom passed away tonight. She finally submitted to dementia. I’m almost 48 years old and somehow I just feel like a sad kid inside.
I missed this earlier. So very sorry for your loss. Please know that me and many others are praying for all of you in this time of great need.

You guys have got to do something about Chambliss at DE…he didn’t set the edge at all in first half, can’t let TE do that to your DE
Agreed, though part of that was schematic. Against empty, I think UGA had an ILB spy and different assignments at OLB/DE. Bama destroyed it by attacking the edge with Milroe and a lead blocker. UGA adjusted in the second half and 32 played much better.

VN Store

Back