Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Been mia for the most part over the last month. Where did @Ericvol2096 , @KingVFL , and Haydenhaulin (is that right?) all go???
Been enjoying the season and feel like we are exactly where I hoped we be at this point. Made it to Charlotte and Morgan Wallen and will be up for UF and Bama so between travel, family and work it’s a busy time!

Been saying 11-1 since this summer and still locked in on that result.

Recruiting meetings are still happening frequently and the push for a top 5 class continues. Everyone involved is galvanized by our program momentum and all resources are absolutely flowing.

Also already building funds push for portal in December to make sure Nico has all he needs in 2025 as well.

The amount of businesses signing up to support our NIL is staggering, get on The Vol Club and check out the list and be sure to support those companies because they have been vital to our 2024 year growth.

Also please attend the Vol Club barge fest if you are able to make any, mountains were moved to make that happen and it’s going to be a special week of events! Bargefest

The defense has played awesome no doubt. Banks has done a good job of not allowing teams enough time to test that secondary much at all. As Herby said last night, it will be interesting to see how the defense holds up against a true passing team, a team with a much better oline. That being said, the defense won that game last night.
There’s no such thing as a much better oline when our defense is on the field. 😎

Prayer request for me today. In 2 hours I will be defending my dissertation to earn my PhD and finally be able to move my family back to the South.

I wasn't that nervous until I woke up this morning lol
They’ll throw a ton of questions at you. Don’t budge. Stay with what you know and you’ll be alright.

The defense has played awesome no doubt. Banks has done a good job of not allowing teams enough time to test that secondary much at all. As Herby said last night, it will be interesting to see how the defense holds up against a true passing team, a team with a much better oline. That being said, the defense won that game last night.
If we take care business against Arky more goalposts will be moved…

Reactions: Glitch
Team Scoring Defense: 1st (7.0 ppg allowed)
Passing Completions Given Up: 3rd (13.8 per game)
Passing Yards Given Up: 2nd (125.3 per game)
Passing TDs Given Up: 2nd (0.3 per game)
Rushing Yards Given Up: 2nd (50.8 per game)
Total Yards Given Up: 1st (176 per game)

This defense through 4 games has been ELITE and idgaf who they've played.

I hope so, dont like how there’s been radio silence from UT since this has happened
Will be hard to do because of our upcoming home schedule, but there should be a benefit concert at Neyland... Get Morgan Wallen, Luke Combs, Kenny Chesney, Steep Canyon Rangers, Eric Church, and Dolly. All Natives of Western N Carolina and East Tennessee along with anyone that wants to lend a hand.

Levis suffered a shoulder injury after battling for a first down and was quickly ruled out of the rest of Monday’s game. Head coach Bill Callahan said Levis will undergo an MRI for what is thought to be an acromioclavicular (AC) joint issue.
“It was not a decision based on anything other than his health and protecting him, particularly with the bye week,” Callahan said. “The shoulder didn’t feel great. I didn’t want to put him back out there, and I knew I was gonna run the ball quite a bit, so that was really what factored in. But he’s our starter when he’s healthy and we’re ready to roll with him.”

Last edited:
The song belongs to the musical group Alabama it was never written for any College to begin with.
joe-biden-biden-vs-trump.gif

Wouldn’t it be fun if vandy took bama to double OT, win or lose?
I don’t ever root for vandy to win unless it’s against the gators, tide, or dawgs.
With that being said, I truly want vandy to beat both texas and auburn this year. It would be the most embarrassing welcome to the SEC for texas. And auburn just deserves it.
The couple that lives across the street from me; she is an extremely obnoxious longhorn and he is actually a reasonable Auburn fan. I would also be okay with her longhorns losing to vandy and his Auburn Tigers winning in overtime. 😈

And of course, once vandy gets some swagger, have a 65-3 type of thrashing by our Volunteers to end their season!
As much as I dislike Vandy. I also, dont. One of my buddies attended, and graduated there. So, know some folks that went there. It isnt like Florida, Georgia, or Alabama.

I too wish them well against **** birds & rednecks.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Really quickly,

wanted to bring awareness back to everyone's minds. If you can, ASP is a great local, Johnson City based organization that rebuilds homes, and, has capacity to help those who are homeless.

We have toured their facility, and they're clients. (Hate to pull that card). But just know it isnt a con.

They have mobile showers, restrooms, as well as a monstrous fleet of backhoes, etc.

Your donation would be local.

VN Store

Back