Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Yes! It was a pretty penny lol. Gave me heartburn and indigestion 😅
I built my first when I was 15. Cost me about $700, most of it my own money but my dad spotted me a few hundred. I had a loose cable somewhere in the case that was touching metal and causing it to short the instant I tried to turn it on. I damn near lost my mind worried I had bricked the thing and wasted all of my + my dad's money. Biggest relief ever when I figured out that I all I had to do was tuck a cable out of the way to get it to boot.

I built my first when I was 15. Cost me about $700, most of it my own money but my dad spotted me a few hundred. I had a loose cable somewhere in the case that was touching metal and causing it to short the instant I tried to turn it on. I damn near lost my mind worried I had bricked the thing and wasted all of my + my dad's money. Biggest relief ever when I figured out that I all I had to do was tuck a cable out of the way to get it to boot.
I would probably stroke out if that thing went down 😅

Would hope not. 8-4 is our 2nd most likely landing spot. And Nico's JR year would seem the more natural pinnacle, all-in type of season.

Beating Bama would go a long ways to securing 9-3+ imo.

It's the list of games easy to overlook where the extra loss is most likely to come from...UF, State, Arky, UK, Miss St, etc.

Jmo. But I have upped my optimism over the offseason, now up to 8.9 wins in my simulator. A hell of a schedule though. And we are going to have a target on our back, make no mistake. Hopefully we can beat the odds and beat St and OU, cumulatively b2b coinflips. Then things will start looking righteous.
I'm not going to melt down; but, I will be EXTREMELY disappointed with 8-4. I don't give a sh!t about projections, or what talking heads are saying, or ANY of that bullsh!t. We return 3/5 OL (those 3 have played A LOT of football together), adding a massive 5* LT to it. We're loaded at skill positions and TE. We return a Top 5 DL in the country, with the best pass rusher in ALL the land; and, our LBs are as big, fast, and athletic as we've had in over a decade, with Arion Carter primed to become a star. Secondary has as many bodies with speed, athleticism, and length as we've seen in a very long time. And, our QB is one of the best in the nation, primed to become THE best. I don't care how young he is, the kid is ready...and everyone knows it.

While yes, depth is still not where we want it to be, we're still good to ok into the 2's and 3's at most positions. No, we cant drop like flies everywhere, but i think we can hold up depth wise, if need be...just cant have a disaster with injuries. We just CANNOT let anything happen to #8. That happens, we'll drop off big time!

I'm absolutely expecting to make that playoff, bar none. We are as good or better than at least 10 of those teams in front of us in the coach's poll. Going to be tough going into Athens (we play up to our potential and talent, stay poised, we can hang with them, though, imo); but, every other game, I expect to win, plain and simple.

"The reason that I’m standing here today is because I believe in a very, very, very bright future for Tennessee football,” Heupel said. “I believe that there’s a minor speed bump that we’re going through, but the kids that are in our program right now and the kids that are being recruited are all going to have an opportunity to go play and chase championships.”

VN Store

Back