Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I bought my my mom a copy of The Girls of Atomic City years ago and my aunt ended up borrowing it from her to read as well. They both enjoyed reading more about that time in granny’s life. I need to see who has it now or order my own copy.

Unrelated, but the name "The Girls of Atomic City" reminds me of The Radium Girls. . .

You can say "should" all day, but crazy things happen.

Imagine saying the floor in 2017 was 6 wins...things happen and sometimes not even all that crazy. The odds can play out against you too...just natural variance.

Vegas has us about 1 in 6 to finish with 7 or fewer wins. Not exactly an improbability, just pretty unlikely. 8-4 is only slightly less likely than 9-3.

We have to have to remember this is the new SEC, where 8 or 9 wins is similar to an old 9 or 10 wins. State is better than people expected a year ago and we're a dog to OU. Just no easy sledding here and that's hoping none of UF, Arky, Miss St, UK is this year's Mizzou.
I’m not saying things don’t happen, but with our current talent and depth situation and our schedule draw, 8-4 would feel like a disappointment. I think we finish 9-3 or 10-2. I agree that the conference is much harder and therefore expectations should be carefully considered but this team is also much better as well. My hot take is that this team is better than the ‘22 team even at QB.

Reactions: SugarCC and Devo182
Early spread guarantee for week 1

Virginia Tech -14 at Vanderbilt.

Take Vandy and the points. Easy money

It's a wild story.
I just listened to the vid and the Atomic Energy Admin directly cited the Radium Girls for why management couldn’t reject all the extreme precautions that were in place for Manhattan Project Workers. Given that, I might not have ever been born were it not for those women, especially the ones brave enough to pursue their employer They literally set the precedent for employers being held responsible for workers. And when it revealed that both scientists and the upper management had been using protections for years before any of the women got sick it was beyond unsettling. Some things never change and callousness in pursuit of profit seems to be one of them. At least now, we can hold people accountable for egregious behaviors.

Dobbs was deceptively fast, dont let anyone kid you. Huge difference between 40 times, and game day speed. Dobbs is a big kid, plenty of times he would run up middle. And bounce off the wad. and end up with a big gain.

I present to thee...View attachment 663609
Incredible balance

Goodlettsville, TN got run ruled by Lake May, Florida today in Regional final for LLWS.

11-0 in 4 innings.

in a large, large way?😴

One of the defining moments in last quarter Century. The crescendo bringing the crowd to their feet! That moment, the single loudest moment when you slay the foul beast, there, laying at your feet. Your rival is defeated.

And, you roll with that?🤦🏼‍♂️
I have told this story a few times. I was deployed to Afghanistan for that game. Afghanistan is 9.5 hours ahead of US EST. We had a mission to Surobi province and I think it was like a 3 hour drive each way. Anyway, to make a short story long, we left sometime around 0800 and I think it was late 2nd quarter and I was able to check the score on Yahoo and we were down 21-14. It was a long damned day. We got back around 2100 that night. I was finally able to get back on the sorry excuse for the internet that we had and find the score. I couldn't find any highlights until the next morning, but how sweet it was going to sleep that night.

VN Store

Back