Recruiting Football Talk VIII

To add a few things the staff would like to see for the first scrimmage on Friday.

Does Boo Carter take advantage of his opportunity and make plays? - Staff is looking for him to do his job and make plays. If he looks lost, Will Brooks may start there.
Defense has looked good, specifically D-Line. - Defense is usually ahead early in camp, does the offense show some spark in the scrimmage?
Staff is placing a priority on managing injuries - specifically at O-Line, RB, and WR. A few are nicked up but would probably play if it was a game situation. Look for the staff to play a lot of young guys.
Behind Nico, Staff is also interested to see how Merklinger handles a game like situation. He's been a bit up and down so far but to be fair he's a true FR.
Dear God, somebody get Boo a good GPS…

Heard him explaining how if the Gators start off 4-0 they have a shot at 8-9 wins👀
I think most are picking the over/under win total at 4.5-5.5
He did say if they start out 1-4 then Billy boy probably doesn’t last the season.
2-2 of best case scenario for them after 4 games imo. Mississippi state is a pick ‘em.

Then I have them losing to UCF and Tennessee.

I think they beat Kentucky and then lose out.

I predict 3-9. Hope they go 6-6 and keep sunbelt Billy for another year lol.

Okay, so I don’t know if y’all watched the mens speed climbing (sport climbing) today. New world record set by a 19 y/o from Southlake Texas. My daughter went to school with him. My daughter asked him to say something if he got a new WR today in the first rounds. Well, he got it. If you watch him closely, he mouths “record weezer”
😁

Wait until he sets another WR when he gets gold!

Parts of the first paragraph happened. Other parts could be fanciful embellishments or more actual occurrences.
You make the call!

My daughter's boyfriend at the time brought over Chick-fil-A biscuits. 😅
He did pay for my meal so props. He’s a good kid and has a job and owns a house and good parents who like my wife and I, they’ve also been married over 30 years. They are both older so didn’t rush into this. Still, hard getting old but better than the alternative

He did pay for my meal so props. He’s a good kid and has a job and owns a house and good parents who like my wife and I, they’ve also been married over 30 years. They are both older so didn’t rush into this. Still, hard getting old but better than the alternative
The next stage will be grandchildren, and you'll enjoy that. Spoil the kids, then hand them back to mom and dad.

About on the level of future husband and father acting like the young lady is each's chattel to trade to begin with.

Whole thing is cringe. If a daughter's SO ever asked me something so ridiculous, I'd route his question back to my autonomous, smart daughter. It's her choice. Not mine or my wife's or his/hers.

And if what I said changed that person's mind from asking my daughter...I'd have even bigger questions of their honor.
It’s called a tradition not a money thing. Just like giving her hand in marriage and walking up the aisle with her as part of the ceremony. It’s a special time and my independent daughter who makes more income than he does loves the entire pomp and circumstance of a traditional Christian wedding. It’s not like we have a real choice in them getting married. It’s called asking for their hand in marriage. You think you are so smart sometimes but you can be a real dumb azz.

🙄 In Western society no one literally believes that their daughter or future fiancée is chattel to be sold off. It’s a respect and tradition thing. Like giving the family of the most important person in your life a heads up on what’s about to happen. Must every ounce of what’s left of societal politesse be sacrificed on the altar of modern equality politics
You said this so much more diplomatically than I.

Azz hole. It’s called a tradition not a money thing. Just like giving her hand in marriage and walking up the aisle with her as part of the ceremony. It’s a special time and my independent daughter who makes more income than he does loves the entire pomp and circumstance of a traditional Christian wedding. It’s not like we have a real choice in them getting married. It’s called asking for their hand in marriage. You think you are so smart sometimes but you can be a real dumb azz.
He might be a dumb azz, I don’t know, but what he said was not as dumb as saying “and then I would crush his skull” on a message board 😂

Anyone know if there are sites out there that have accurate training camp rosters?

Asking because I root for our VFLs and would love to know how many we have in the league right now, and how many make rosters.

I know Ramel Keyton is doing well with Oakland. Fant was with the cowboys practice squad last year but i don’t know if he still is. Vaguely remember Bryce Thompson being with Seattle I think. Etc …. Just wondering where everyone is.

Anyone know if there are sites out there that have accurate training camp rosters?

Asking because I root for our VFLs and would love to know how many we have in the league right now, and how many make rosters.

I know Ramel Keyton is doing well with Oakland. Fant was with the cowboys practice squad last year but i don’t know if he still is. Vaguely remember Bryce Thompson being with Seattle I think. Etc …. Just wondering where everyone is.

Seems like this is updated but not 100% sure

About on the level of future husband and father acting like the young lady is each's chattel to trade to begin with.

Whole thing is cringe. If a daughter's SO ever asked me something so ridiculous, I'd route his question back to my autonomous, smart daughter. It's her choice. Not mine or my wife's or his/hers.

And if what I said changed that person's mind from asking my daughter...I'd have even bigger questions of their honor.
I think the question/conversation being had concerns the father's blessing to ask the young lady to marry the young man. I don't think it is a horse trade or something like you make it seem here. I have three daughters and if young man ever comes to me to seek guidance or blessing before official asking one of them to marry him I would be thrilled with that. It shows good character and leadership to seek counsel before any big life decision. If they don't ask, I am not going to boycott the wedding though. I have tried to raise my girls with an example of what to look for in a husband. I have failed in many areas of my life, but I pray that they see how I treat my wife/their mother, how I go about caring for my family, and how I try to lead my family spiritually and seek out a husband that has those and even better qualities.

VN Store

Back