Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Live shot of me negotiating the sale...I mean marriage price.... I mean ....well crap...
View attachment 665325
I envision it more like this....

sold-auction.gif

maxbidding.gif

This should be fun....................

August 7, 2007
"Barry Bonds swung and then immediately threw his arms in the air, realizing that he had become the most prolific home run hitter in major league history. Everyone in the ball park instantly realized the importance of what they had witnessed as well, watching Bonds’s latest and most important white streak soar into the night.

Bonds’s 756th homer pushed him past Hank Aaron and pushed baseball’s history into an awkward spot. He is alone now atop the career home run list. Let the debate about the authenticity of Bonds’s record begin.
It will be here for a while."
1723039723731.png

Shake your head off, for all I care. Your low expectations are...

View attachment 665185

,imo. Grow a pair, dude.
Lol..my balls drag the f'n ground.

This has not a damn thing to do with fortitude. You dummies always assume everything going right when you pronounce these inflated expectations...when the reality of history proves that it literally never happens.

We do not have a stacked UGA, Bama or OSU roster, that is just a fact, we do not play a pathetic easy schedule, that is just a fact...and here is the biggest fact thanks to us not having a stacked roster...injuries to just a few key players will derail us this season.

I EXPECT is to be competitive with everybody despite those facts.

I think we will win 8-10 games depending on injuries and luck.

You can’t be serious right?
8-4 is a possibility but I don’t think I’m in the minority when I say that would be a disappointing end to this year. The talent and depth of this team alone is better than any I can remember in my time as a fan(circa 2010). With the pieces we have now, 8-4 should be the absolute floor this year. There’s nothing wrong with raising your expectations (to an extent of course).
• 10 wins gets you into the playoffs and would be a great year in my opinion. The recruiting advantages would be massive.
• 9 wins would be a decent year and with our schedule is very likely to happen. Just have to beat who we’re supposed to and get a big win.
• 8 wins? That most likely means that not only did we not beat any of OK, UGA or AL, it also means we probably lost to a middling team like Florida or NC State along the way. That’s disappointing to me but I would understand at the end of the day.
Then you are not in the Idiot Margin are you?

Read my reply to Sugar...I ain't typing all that again

I agree, with 10-2 right there. I just believe the days of losing because we didn't play well, or just laid an egg, are over. We've entered days of if get beat, its just by better teams, or a break or two not going our way and going opponents way.

If major injuries happen, all bets are off. Just yet, we're not stacked enough to withstand dropping like flies. Have to stay relatively healthy, especially #8.
🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I expected 9-3 for this season when Heupel was first hired. I've learned my lesson about changing expectations. Still, I wouldn't be on a supreme meltdown @ 8-4, considering the conference additions and the reasons why we ended up there. I think 9-3 should be the bottom expectation for this season.

I think we can realistically get to 11-1 or even 12-0 depending on how a few key players look. I think the most likely record is 9-3 or 10-2.

Either way, you have to have an incredible season to end up with only 2 losses in the SEC now. 9-3 could put you in the playoffs. There's no question, making the playoffs is a successful season. Falling 1 win short @ 8-4 obviously isn't idea, but it's also no call for a meltdown, imo.
Then we see it the same way...people have a really hard time understanding me.

About on the level of future husband and father acting like the young lady is each's chattel to trade to begin with.

Whole thing is cringe. If a daughter's SO ever asked me something so ridiculous, I'd route his question back to my autonomous, smart daughter. It's her choice. Not mine or my wife's or his/hers.

And if what I said changed that person's mind from asking my daughter...I'd have even bigger questions of their honor.
1720542271471.png
This is so dumb..It has nothing to do with "chattel"...if you had a daughter..maybe..you would understand. I doubt it though..you're generation has no clue

About on the level of future husband and father acting like the young lady is each's chattel to trade to begin with.

Whole thing is cringe. If a daughter's SO ever asked me something so ridiculous, I'd route his question back to my autonomous, smart daughter. It's her choice. Not mine or my wife's or his/hers.

And if what I said changed that person's mind from asking my daughter...I'd have even bigger questions of their honor.
I asked my father in law because I love and respect him, knew it would mean something to him, and knew he loved me and would say yes. I was marrying my wife no matter what he said, though.

Haha. Come on, man. No need to try so hard.

🙄 In Western society no one literally believes that their daughter or future fiancée is chattel to be sold off. It’s a respect and tradition thing. Like giving the family of the most important person in your life a heads up on what’s about to happen. Must every ounce of what’s left of societal politesse be sacrificed on the altar of modern equality politics
Bingo!

Lol..my balls drag the f'n ground.

This has not a damn thing to do with fortitude. You dummies always assume everything going right when you pronounce these inflated expectations...when the reality of history proves that it literally never happens.

We do not have a stacked UGA, Bama or OSU roster, that is just a fact, we do not play a pathetic easy schedule, that is just a fact...and here is the biggest fact thanks to us not having a stacked roster...injuries to just a few key players will derail us this season.

I EXPECT is to be competitive with everybody despite those facts.

I think we will win 8-10 games depending on injuries and luck.
Lol, indeed...yeah, they drag the ground alright, because they were cut off long ago.

I stated my position several times, and I stand by it...now, and when the season is said done. Whenever things shake out, and we're sitting in that playoff, ALL will see, yet again, how much psychology you'll want to reverse.

As I said, I won't be melting down, calling for heads, if we go 8-4...I'll just be very disappointed, knowing a great opportunity was missed.

It's not that hard to comprehend for most.
That’s where I’m at too. Things happen in a season and we have a tough schedule, so under certain circumstances 8-4 could be understandable but still very disappointing.

VN Store

Back