Recruiting Football Talk VIII

in a place called Kokomo?
Everytime I hear that stupid song..which I hadn't heard it in years before our cruise last November when we got off the boat at Roatan Island...and I get a sudden overwhelming flood of deeply emotional memories from back in the day that leaves me crying like a baby.

My wife was like "are you ok?"...I felt like an idiot..

I have evidently buried a lot of memories that I didn't even realize I had forgotten..🤷‍♂️

Everytime I hear that stupid song..which I hadn't heard it in years before our cruise last November when we got off the boat at Roatan Island...and I get a sudden overwhelming flood of deeply emotional memories from back in the day that leaves me crying like a baby.

I have evidently buried a lot of memories that I didn't even realize I had forgotten..🤷‍♂️
when you hear the Beach Boys.

All good man.

Reactions: knoxvol52
My dad offered my sister and her soon to be husband this:

He'd pay for both families..............well over 30 people.........one week anywhere...............
They get married and take their honeymoon any other place they wished.....................

SHE declined!
idiot...............
Back up. I was engaged 3 times, two times I back out. The third time, I accepted. Tip off moment for me on the third time was when we went to pick out our rings. I couldn’t cross over the jewelry store threshold to the business. My soon to be husband had the the clerk show me multiple rings at the store line (mall, middle to late 80’s). I just pointed to one and went for it. One of my stupidest mistakes ever, but onto of the best. I got my son and his incredible family, and I don’t regret anything. I don’t know how I deserve it to this day. I earned a beautiful daughter-in-law, my grandson and an extra beautiful inside and out bonus granddaughter. I am blessed.

Had a similar thing happen to me the other day. A song from late 60s or early 70s, nothing that was connected to a particular memory... not a "favorite" song... but the emotions could not have been more powerful if my late wife had suddenly appeared in the passenger seat and taken my hand. Literally had to pull over.

To be honest, it was a little scary to be overwhelmed like that.
And FWIW, my last physical, the doc said my testosterone is higher than ever.

I had learned never to underestimate AA and Snit. Just too much lost through injuries and not loaded enough on the farm to buy help.
they need to offload some baggage. team doesnt have that team feel, no leader.

gotta spend some money to lock core down then go get some bats. the pitching is there for most part

VN Store

Back