Recruiting Football Talk VIII

they need to offload some baggage. team doesnt have that team feel, no leader.

gotta spend some money to lock core down then go get some bats. the pitching is there for most part
Who’s their “core”? Acuna, Allies, Harris and Strider are locked up for multiple years. Ozuna hasn’t been a problem this season. They lost their ace and their best player. Few clubs withstand that with a supporting cast.

they need to offload some baggage. team doesnt have that team feel, no leader.

gotta spend some money to lock core down then go get some bats. the pitching is there for most part
That $300 million dollar payroll out West isn't making the Playoffs this year either. I love the Dodgers but I'm not blind this team isn't going to playoffs. I know @volbeast33 will come in and spread Sunshine about them but this year is a lost cause.

Reactions: jave36
That $300 million dollar payroll out West isn't making the Playoffs this year either. I love the Dodgers but I'm not blind this team isn't going to playoffs. I know @volbeast33 will come in and spread Sunshine about them but this year is a lost cause.
O ye of little faith!

I'm not bailing on these boys. It's just barely August, we'll be getting some hurt guys back, and with all that talent there's every possibility of finding a groove and grinding it out.

Yeah, it's a tough row to hoe with surging teams nipping at your heels but lost cause? Not at all.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Everytime I hear that stupid song..which I hadn't heard it in years before our cruise last November when we got off the boat at Roatan Island...and I get a sudden overwhelming flood of deeply emotional memories from back in the day that leaves me crying like a baby.

My wife was like "are you ok?"...I felt like an idiot..

I have evidently buried a lot of memories that I didn't even realize I had forgotten..🤷‍♂️
Note to self: If ever I meet McGill, play Kokomo.

Connelly shockingly skinny in that second top gun. Naturally beautiful women who must be on some weird diet.
Noticed that, too. I'm sure the aging has a bit to do with it; but, yeah, she's gotten way skinnier. Celebrities, man...probably on that new bug and insect diet that they're trying to peddle to the rest of us. 🤷‍♂️

Watched Dark Matter, and now watching Snowpiercer with her in it. She's still beautiful, and still a great actress...still skinny, too.

Last thing I saw Tyler in was The Leftovers, one of my all-time favorites.

O ye of little faith!

I'm not bailing on these boys. It's just barely August, we'll be getting some hurt guys back, and with all that talent there's every possibility of finding a groove and grinding it out.

Yeah, it's a tough row to hoe with surging teams nipping at your heels but lost cause? Not at all.
Didn't say I was bailing on the Dodgers just very agitated about their play so far. I know injuries are part of the game but good grief. I watched Graterol miss all season til Tuesday night when he made his Season debut, 10 pitches later he strained his hamstring.🤦

Lol..it's weird when that happens, sometimes it's a song on the radio, or a smell that reminds you of your Mom's cooking...or a picture..etc etc.
Everytime I hear that stupid song..which I hadn't heard it in years before our cruise last November when we got off the boat at Roatan Island...and I get a sudden overwhelming flood of deeply emotional memories from back in the day that leaves me crying like a baby.

My wife was like "are you ok?"...I felt like an idiot..

I have evidently buried a lot of memories that I didn't even realize I had forgotten..🤷‍♂️
Proust starts with a moment like that: the taste of a small cake dipped in a cup of lime leaf tea triggers almost overwhelming feelings. He remembers a time in his childhood. One memory leads to another, and a million words later 😂 you have his whole life: In Search Of Lost Time.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back