Recruiting Football Talk VIII

No offense, but that's horrible advice. If wife can't earn, then she's stuck with an asset that requires money to maintain and not much money. Focus on income replacement, which is a large number for most. But term, for 20 or 30 years is the ticket for that. I got one for $600,000 13 years ago and it's $35/month. That, plus paid off house and 401k was enough for her, because she's someone that can earn a good income with her degree. If she didn't have that it probably would have been $1 million plus policy.
Yeah I mean everyone's financial setup is different you can always get a huge insurance policy if you want it. That's why i said a little extra like maybe 50-100k extra. I don't think most people would need a whole 600k along with a paid off house to survive.

“What is your policy on TWSS jokes?”
“I was told there would be lunch?”
“We’ll ask the questions, mam”
“We accept.”
“We don’t work well with others.”
“I just soiled myself.”
“He’ll be having kittens and I’ll be having him.”
“Art thou retoided?”
20240808_121858.gif

August 8, 1988

I'm not a fan of Rap music today..........it sucks........
But this era of rap ('88-'90) was the golden age and this album started it all..................and their Live show was amazing...........

On August 8, 1988, hip hop group N.W.A launch their debut album, Straight Outta Compton. The recording, which would go triple platinum, revolutionized the hip hop genre, bringing a harder-edged, more profane "gangsta" rap to a wide audience.

The release of Straight Outta Compton marks a critical turning point in the history of hip hop, which was a booming global phenomenon in 1988 but still hadn’t strayed far from its roots as party music. Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five had established hip hop’s potential for social commentary with their epic single “The Message” in 1983, but Straight Outta Compton offered something far less measured and polite than one usually associates with the word “commentary.” The album’s first three tracks alone—“Straight Outta Compton,” “**** Tha Police” and “Gangsta Gangsta”—may have contained more explicit language and incendiary subject matter than every previous hip hop record combined, and it contained nothing like a didactic “message.” It may not have been the first recorded example of Gangsta rap—Schooly D and Ice-T mined similar territory somewhat earlier—but Straight Outta Compton is the album that introduced it to the mainstream.

1723133969472.gif

No offense to your CPA. There is more to a sound financial plan than your retirement funds. Those are very important, but as you have suddenly become aware there are other things that can happen to us besides making it to retirement. I would say that a basic term life insurance policy would be a good thing to start with. For you and one for your wife. The purpose of life insurance is to replace the financial contribution of the person that is lost or at least as much as possible. Losing a loved one is an awful thing to consider, but losing a loved one and then being financially burdened on top of that is adding insult to injury. I would also recommend asking your insurance agent or whomever you discuss these things with about an umbrella policy that covers you against accidents that happen that people might sue your for. Your homeowners and auto will cover you to a certain level, but an umbrella policy provides additional coverage. It may not be right for you, but it is something to educate yourself on. I would also get a second opinion on your home owners and auto policies. Even if you don't change your provider, a second look to make sure you are properly covered is a good idea. Home values have increased tremendously over the last 5-10 years and if you coverages have not been adjusted to keep pace you could be woefully under insured and up a creek in the event of an emergency.

After that, I would recommend a small emergency fund of a few months worth of expenses so that if the poop hits the air mover, you can get through a rough period without having to go into debt (or more debt). Then I would work on getting rid of as much debt as you can. Especially credit cards and car payments. They are the worst. After that, you will be able to better look towards retirement planning and ultimately estate planning.
Or you could gamble on sports, play the lottery or sell illegal stuff.

Olympic wrestling medal counts:
Japan: 2G 0S 2B - 4T
USA: 2G 0S 0B - 2T
Cuba: 1G 1S 1B - 3T
Iran: 1G 0S 1B - 2T
Kyrgyzstan: 0G 1S 3B - 4T

Spencer Lee just dominated his semifinal and will wrestle for gold tomorrow against a Japanese wrestler. Aaron Brooks wrestling his semifinal now up 3-0. Helen Maroulis will wrestle next against a legendary Japanese wrestler and #1 seed.

Other countries built up a lead with Greco-Roman tournament. USA should surge back in Freestyle the next few days.

No offense to your CPA. There is more to a sound financial plan than your retirement funds. Those are very important, but as you have suddenly become aware there are other things that can happen to us besides making it to retirement. I would say that a basic term life insurance policy would be a good thing to start with. For you and one for your wife. The purpose of life insurance is to replace the financial contribution of the person that is lost or at least as much as possible. Losing a loved one is an awful thing to consider, but losing a loved one and then being financially burdened on top of that is adding insult to injury. I would also recommend asking your insurance agent or whomever you discuss these things with about an umbrella policy that covers you against accidents that happen that people might sue your for. Your homeowners and auto will cover you to a certain level, but an umbrella policy provides additional coverage. It may not be right for you, but it is something to educate yourself on. I would also get a second opinion on your home owners and auto policies. Even if you don't change your provider, a second look to make sure you are properly covered is a good idea. Home values have increased tremendously over the last 5-10 years and if you coverages have not been adjusted to keep pace you could be woefully under insured and up a creek in the event of an emergency.

After that, I would recommend a small emergency fund of a few months worth of expenses so that if the poop hits the air mover, you can get through a rough period without having to go into debt (or more debt). Then I would work on getting rid of as much debt as you can. Especially credit cards and car payments. They are the worst. After that, you will be able to better look towards retirement planning and ultimately estate planning.
Totally agree on term life for both spouses, umbrella policy, and upping your home coverage.

It’s a little extra money, but I’ve had a friend sued from an auto accident where the umbrella saved them, and seen a tornado rip apart my town with most people underinsured.

Imagine having only $300k coverage on a destroyed home where the rebuild value is now $500k due to inflation. Oh sure, that insurance covered your home when you bought it 10 years ago, but now you’re left with your life in shambles, no home, $200k still on your mortgage, and facing having to pay another $200k to get your life back in order. I am using round numbers, but that exact scenario happened in Mt. Juliet for the majority of homeowners in the 2020 tornado.

Olympic wrestling medal counts:
Japan: 2G 0S 2B - 4T
USA: 2G 0S 0B - 2T
Cuba: 1G 1S 1B - 3T
Iran: 1G 0S 1B - 2T
Kyrgyzstan: 0G 1S 3B - 4T

Spencer Lee just dominated his semifinal and will wrestle for gold tomorrow against a Japanese wrestler. Aaron Brooks wrestling his semifinal now up 3-0. Helen Maroulis will wrestle next against a legendary Japanese wrestler and #1 seed.

Other countries built up a lead with Greco-Roman tournament. USA should surge back in Freestyle the next few days.
Brooks lost.

Imagine having only $300k coverage on a destroyed home where the rebuild value is now $500k due to inflation. Oh sure, that insurance covered your home when you bought it 10 years ago, but now you’re left with your life in shambles, no home, $200k still on your mortgage, and facing having to pay another $200k to get your life back in order. I am using round numbers, but that exact scenario happened in Mt. Juliet for the majority of homeowners in the 2020 tornado.

I wish you could share this exact verbiage with the entire states of Kansas, Oklahoma, and Missouri.

Can't tell you how many times I've been told "I'm over-insured and paying too much" when they have a 4 bed, 3 bath and MAYBE $150K in coverage; or "that's crazy and I don't need that much" when I tell them that full replacement value of their house is somewhere in the $500-750K range.

The more I look at our schedule, various playoff projections, and I try to imagine our spot in the mix the more I think we have to beat either Alabama or UGA. There are too many ways where we miss the cut if we do not.
Vegas early odds has
Oklahoma a 6 point favorite.
Alabama a 6 point favorite
Georgia a 20 point favorite

Tennessee a 6 point favorite over N.C.State
Tennessee a 9 point favorite over Kentucky.
Tennessee a 20 point favorite over Florida.

The other 6 games Tennessee favored in all of them.

Not a whole lot of people who can't support themselves with a paid off house....what woman can't earn enough to support herself with a free house?
That house has to be maintained along with paying taxes. We also have 4 kids. Neither my wife nor I could work alone without paying for some sort of childcare. I was also told to consider income when getting a life insurance policy.

The more I look at our schedule, various playoff projections, and I try to imagine our spot in the mix the more I think we have to beat either Alabama or UGA. There are too many ways where we miss the cut if we do not.
Idk, I think if we beat NC State, Oklahoma and Florida we are in. Especially if we play UGA and Bama in close games. Which I think we beat Bama in Neyland this season anyway.

VN Store

Back