Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I just hope we finish in first for the gold medal count. China is the only country that can challenge us. And there's still some table tennis and diving left, which they tend to dominate. Plus, I believe they have gold medal chances in weightlifting, boxing, and wrestling left. China is our new Soviet Union in the Olympics.

dang! i had him pegged as unbeatable.... Probably would win gold in Folk style.

Folk style is so much better. I'm not sure why it isn't the preferred international style
We invented it. It's totally foreign (figuratively) to the rest of the world. It's kind of like the American football to rugby where we took the other styles and tweaked the rules and objectives a little bit then developed our own culture around it. Luckily, it translates fairly well to freestyle and we have positions and moves in folkstyle that international wrestlers don't often experience in freestyle. So sometimes we get an advantage or catch someone offguard with something. But its also why we aren't strong in Greco-Roman because nobody actually focuses on that here. If you don't make it in freestyle you might switch over to qualify but other countries do both and some have heavy emphasis on Greco like Cuba and Central Asian nations.

Japan and Iran hugely focus on freestyle. It's actually the national sport of Iran and American wrestlers are shockingly superstars there. When one of the world championships were hosted in Iran the Americans were treated with the highest respect and cheered for. I think that was around 2017 or 2018.

I yelled when he went for the low single and didn't do jack squat with it. That's middle school stuff
And Brooks lost todays match when he willingly gave up the takedown that led to that Turk. Defending that Turk took everything out of him and hurt him. Just a lapse of judgement to think he was safe giving up a cheap takedown.

Fahr Weezer.
Dilly Dilly Bud Light GIF - Dilly Dilly Bud Light Knight - Discover & Share  GIFs

VN Store

Back