Recruiting Football Talk VIII

You would have the correct order.

*and I hated MJ, but he's the best ever

(To clarify, Larry Bird is my all time favorite professional player in any sport. Boston > Chicago)
Me too, I love you tube stories of his smack talking. What he did to the Hawks was unreal, the Doc Rivers telling is hilarious. The man played 3 quarters against the trailblazers left handed just because he could.

I would take Bird over James all day every day no doubt. Peak Bird was unstoppable, just like MJ.
Larry Bird was the best player in basketball throughout the mid 80’s. Over a 5 year period averaged:

27 pts, 10 reb, 7 ast, 2 stl - 3 straight MVP’s

In the rough and tumble NBA of the 1980’s. Then he hurt his back.

I still say ‘92 team is the best, and I’d take Bird all day, but Bird and magic were way past their prime in ‘92.
Magic and Bird saved the league.

The Lakers vs Celtics battles in the 80's were great. These two really didn't care for each other til they done the shoe commercial together and became lifelong friends.

Either. Wouldn’t matter.

If today’s rules, Magic, Bird, & Jordan would roam unchecked lol.
Can you imagine a Bird or MJ, that couldnt be checked?? Those dudes got their shots off getting the hell beat out them, got their shots off no matter what. Without being touched, at all!!...

That reasoning in the “ article” is horse 💩. All 1.6 billion Indians are not disregarding sports to be doctors…. They’re just not a very athletic people obviously.
It's both. It's cultural and physical, that is how you get a country with 1.6 billion people and they are all trash in every sport.

We even took Cricket away from them a few months ago lol

Last edited:
It’s 3 of the all time starting 5 lol.

PG - Magic
SG - Jordan
SF - Bird

Others will say James at SF, and that’s true if you’re talking career - but I’ll take Bird at his peak.
Those who don't know sh!t about sh!t always talk nonsense about Bird's defense, WRONG!!! At his peak, Bird had absolutely NO FLAWS to his game, NONE.

VN Store

Back